Part 5

Cold, wet and sleep-deprived were only a fraction of the feelings I experienced. I had be on surveillance duty for two days, figuring a way into the old White House. Peeta had suggested that.

Only 48 hours ago, I had methodically told him my plan. I was to stay here for however long it took to discover a way in. Over the time here, I'd had three flashbacks, all bringing precious information to base. The first I was back with the team. We were hugging and then I left. I had walked through the jungle towards the base and crawled underneath a supposed electric fence. Then it stopped.

The second I was in the old White House. Ventilation shaft. Classic. It was an abrupt memory, hidden in a maze of metal. Quite freaky.

The third. The longest one. The most important. I dropped down from a hole in the shaft that I had created and peered around the room. Empty. I crept towards a room that said "NUCLEAR POWER ATTRIBUTION". Not a positive sign but I ventured on. Inside the room stood an unguarded single crystal. It was mind-blowing. And I just took it. No one there. That was what troubled everyone.

And so, I was Inside Panem. I recently went under the so-called electric border and it wasn't even on.

I had one more flashback. But I haven't told anyone about it yet. I was back in that horrible place some people may call home. I was at a fence. It said "High Voltage: Danger. District 12 Boundary". All I could think was "Yeah, right" and "District 12?". I scrambled underneath it. Gale was there. So that was the relationship! The memory stopped and plunged itself into darkness.

That is what this felt like. Me, in the woods stalking the prey. And this time, Snow was the prey.

I slept without flashbacks that night. I was rather pleased with myself. Whilst I was stirring, rubbing my eyes gently, I realised something that made me smile. There was no guards.

#########

Really, really short! Should I be sorry? I'm not sure... :) (please vote!)