Chapter 8

Lauren's POV
We stood glaring at Sebastian and his back up blocking our exit and escape. " oh ye we're so close but yet so far " Sebastian laughed while inspecting his rifle which was loosely held in his right hand . I slowly tried to reach the metal shard in my combat boot which I kept if we needed to pick another lock , rachael had done the exact same thing and was carefully trying to reach for her shard , we made eye contact and with at agreed to attack . In a quick fluid motion both of us threw our shards at the targets. Rachael's shard instantly killed bob where as mine implanted itself into Sean's chest probably puncturing a lung . This resulted in Sebastian opening fire on us . He instantly knocked out Wikitoria in a surprise attack. Brandon decided to create a devision by running out of the building to try get help while dogging attacks . This left me and rachael running to check bobs lifeless body and Sean's still body for weapons and protection . Now that the odds were somewhat matched know with what remains of our former group which know only includes me. , rachael, brandon, jace and an injured Alec. I slid two daggers into my ripped jean pockets and tightly griped the hand pistol which only had two shots in it . We quickly split up to try and find Sebastian and put an end to him and his antics which have cost the lives of innocent people well some more innocent than others . I followed the sound of gunfire around to the other side of the warehouse complex . I was met by the sight of Brandon on the ground clutching to his wounded shoulder. This enraged me and I whipped out one of my dagger and threw it so it sunk into the back of Sebastian left leg which knocked him over giving me the advantage to put him at gun point but I did not see Sean come up behind me and put a pistol to my head. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a sprinting jace in my direction. Suddenly the force against my head was removed and the sound of a pleasant thud was heard followed by Sean crumpling into a pile behind my with rachael beside me holding a bat " you do not know how long I have waited to do that" she laughed but for that split second my attention was removed from Sebastian and he saw his opportunity and took it . I felt a sharp pain in my side when I realise it was my spare dagger . My vision became blurry and had black dots in it . The sound of gunshots was the last thing I heard before I blanked out .
I woke up to the smell and sight of a hospital room but the first thing which caught my attention was jace who was sitting on the edge of the bed looking at me . " this is becoming a habit of yours , isn't it . Scaring the shit out of me " he laughed which made me smile " seemingly " is all I replied with " I have good News he is dead so no more running ok " jace muttered . I felt a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders. I was free.