Episode 8: One Step Closer

Min-hyuk watches from afar as Gook-doo leaps to defend the “delicate” Bong-soon from one of Boss Tak’s underlings, Kwang-bok. Gook-doo pummels the heck out of Kwang-bok before Bong-soon rushes forward to pull him off… and accidentally tosses her crush a dozen feet away.

Luckily, Gook-doo doesn’t think much of it and calls in to report the attack. He apologizes for not taking Bong-soon home himself, but Bong-soon is more concerned to know if he’s ok (from her push). He brushes it off, saying that she’s so small that there’s nothing to worry about.

Gook-doo starts to drag Kwang-bok away, and the gangster puts up a fuss that he’s the one who gotten beaten up, so why is he being taken? Heh, Bong-soon daintily hands the limping man his cane and sticks her tongue out at him when Gook-doo isn’t looking.

As Kwang-bok is carted off, Min-hyuk reveals himself to Bong-soon and proceeds to follow her home, chastising her the whole way for making him worry. (Aw.) When they part ways, he calls out for her to report to his office tomorrow morning, bidding her goodnight with a cutesy wave.

Bong-soon, however, spins around and marches right back. She yells that she’s going to report him for making false promises since she caught his stalker, but he still hasn’t hired her onto the product development team. Cue bicker fight as Min-hyuk argues that they should catch the person after her first while Bong-soon snaps that he never intended to keep his promise in the first place.

Bong-soon even threatens to leave the company, but Min-hyuk grabs her arm. Taking a serious tone, he promises that he is on her side and will help her. Bong-soon reluctantly accepts his sincerity and heads home while Min-hyuk waves after her, smiling sweetly at her scowl.

Gook-doo questions Kwang-bok at the station, and the injured gangster can’t believe that he’s getting blamed after Bong-soon was the one to beat him up.

Overly protective of Bong-soon, Gook-doo doesn’t buy a word of the thug’s tales of being thrashed by the tiny girl. His team leader is more sympathetic, but then again, he just thinks that Kwang-bok is straight up crazy.

Kwang-bok keeps repeating that Bong-soon isn’t a normal girl, which just riles Gook-doo up even more, so they drag him off to lock him up in a holding cell overnight. Kwang-bok has a hissy fit over the injustice, screaming that he’s the victim and losing his dentures in the process.

Gook-doo sits down but immediately grimaces in pain — apparently he landed hard when Bong-soon pushed him. Still, he texts her sweetly to ask if she got home all right. Min-hyuk is also remembering Gook-doo’s valiant protection of Bong-soon and sighs that Gook-doo keeps pretending he’s just a friend to Bong-soon: “It bothers me a lot.”

At the Do house, Bong-soon’s family is up in arms about the culprit trying to take Kyung-shim from the hospital, and Bong-soon laments that she lost him again. Her father and brother try to reassure her, but surprisingly, Mom is extra sweet to her daughter, revealing the chicken feet (Bong-soon’s favorite snack) that she bought for her. Heh, Dad and Bong-ki look at Mom like she’s lost it.

The next morning, Bong-soon ruminates at how her dream was once to be a member of AinSoft, but now, she’s wanting to catch the kidnapper more and more.

Speaking of, as Bong-soon walks to work, the kidnapper watches her from a distance with a creepier than usual look. Crap, he knows her daily route?

Bong-soon finds a new laptop on her desk/playpen, but jumps about a foot in the air when she powers it up and sees a winking candid picture of Min-hyuk saved as the desktop background. Pfft. Guess we know who the computer is from.

Speak of the devil, CEO Ahn literally slides into the room with a bright, “Good morning!” He asks if she slept well, then grins as he adds, “I slept well too.” (Why is that sexy?)