Episode 3: That Guy's Secret

We return to the three-way wrist grab at Min-hyuk Manor, where Min-hyuk asks Gook-doo by whose authority he’s trying to extract Bong-soon from his house. Gook-doo cites the power of friendship and good ole’ patriarchy, and defends feeble Bong-soon’s chastity from the immoral clutches of a stranger. What, no judo flips?

Sensing an opportunity, Min-hyuk casually offers Gook-doo to join their sleepover. Bong-soon tries to refuse on Gook-doo’s behalf, but she doesn’t need to convince him, as he glowers at Min-hyuk and his flippant attitude.

Gook-doo quotes a law that prohibits employers from forcing their employees to work overtime. Mainly, Gook-doo wants to know what kind of “work” Min-hyuk needs Bong-soon to do at his private residence.

Bong-soon leaps up to tell Gook-doo that her work with Min-hyuk is top-secret company business, which only makes Gook-doo more curious to uncover the truth.

At an impasse, Gook-doo decides to let Bong-soon’s mother settle their disagreement. If Mom does not allow the sleepover, then neither will he.

Of course, Mom is Team Min-hyuk, and her eyes widen in delight to hear about the situation. Mom practically hands Bong-soon over on a platter, then even tries to hurry Gook-doo home so he can get out of the way.

Gook-doo gives the phone over to Bong-soon so that Mom can tell her to “do well,” adding that “things rot if you save them for later.” Rawr, Mom!

Now that his plan has backfired, Gook-doo tries again to ascertain the exact nature of Bong-soon’s job. Gook-doo explains that a dangerous criminal saw Bong-soon’s face, and also that she’s a key witness in his case.

On top of that, he adds, an officer was stabbed while protecting her. Thus, he concludes, since Min-hyuk was there during the stabbing, he also cannot be trusted.

Gook-doo tries another avenue, and asks Min-hyuk to come with him down to the station to be interviewed for the stabbing incident. Min-hyuk promises to go down the next day, and the boys agree on it.

Belatedly realizing what he’s done, Gook-doo looks up in shock after Min-hyuk tells Bong-soon that it’s time to head to bed (it sounds like he means together).

As Min-hyuk moves to leave, he lingers in front of Gook-doo and whines that he wishes Gook-doo would stay as well. He slowly drags his finger provocatively across Gook-doo’s abdomen, then winks, and throws him a seductive gaze. Omg, I’m dyinggg.

Bong-soon remembers that Secretary Gong had told her the reason Min-hyuk prefers a female bodyguard is to prevent further scandals since he’s gay, and his actions towards Gook-doo seem to confirm it.

Once Min-hyuk leaves, Gook-doo grills Bong-soon for answers on why she needs to stay over. She explains that she is Min-hyuk’s secretary, but Gook-doo still isn’t reassured.

Unable to convince her, he fastens an emergency pager to Bong-soon’s wrist and makes her promise that she’ll use it if she’s in trouble. He leaves her with a final warning: “All men are dogs.”

Afterwards, Bong-soon heads upstairs to find Min-hyuk, and when she can’t, she snoops through his expensive stuff until she finds a painting in the back of his closet, of that mysterious girl in the pink hoodie.

As she steps closer, the painting slides open and transports her to a secret room. Inside Min-hyuk is surrounded by all his toys and gadgets. He welcomes her in, then shows her the man he’s identified as the motorcyclist. Bong-soon is ready to confront him right away, but Min-hyuk tells her to wait till morning.

Although uncomfortable sleeping in the same room as Min-hyuk, she relents when he complains of being afraid. He then shows her to the couch where she’ll sleep, while he settles into a sleeping bag on the floor next to her.