Chapter 27

The bell had rung shortly after Harry and Liam went off with the coach, leaving me with the sinking feeling that whatever could possibly happen now was in their hands. Ever since my lesson had started I couldn't help but keep looking towards the door to see if Liam was going to walk on in. Of course he needed more time than what I was giving to him. I guess my anxiousness would go away once I saw Liam return, but then I would have to try and read the look on his face, unless he was going to try and hide it from me. What if he didn't want to tell me? Would Liam do that? 

You worry too much. I'm surprised you don't make yourself ill all the time. 

I don't want to hear from you right now, thank you.

Right at this moment they could be telling the coach exactly the things that Louis and Zayn had put onto me. I remember them all, even though some aren't as brutal as others but they all are apart of this. I remember the first few days as water boy when they would just chuckle at me, which at the time I didn't know that was what they were doing. I thought they were just laughing at some joke one of them had told. I now think that maybe they were just gathered around to plot on how to make their water boy their bitch. The moment I was tricked into going into the girls' changing room not only made many of the girls in our year were disgusted of me but I also still remember the look in Harry's eyes once he realised what had been done. I wondered as he told the coach what happened if he was reliving the moments just as I was but from his own perspective, of course. Then there were the recent days, slowly adding up to now where I just learned that this needed to be over and I couldn't just keep ignoring it it until school was finished: Zayn and the bottle incident, Zayn and Louis in the car park, Louis in the change room, Zayn at the party, Zayn haunting my dreams, Louis and his words. 

All of those things were going to be spoken aloud and even though I wasn't going to be there to hear them, they still were able to echo in my mind and I hoped that would stop soon. 

That same eagerness my body and mind held from getting to leave class early to help out Harry was back again, but this time I tried my best not to appear so obvious that I was waiting for an escape. It wasn't a countdown of time that I was anticipating this time either. It was just my eyes seeing the arrival of Liam so I knew that their conversations with coach were over and we could all move on from this until our next moment. I might as well not even listen to my teacher lecture and make some sort of time table checklist of events until I was free from it all.

I didn't have much left to add to it that I could really think of. We'd tell our stories and then people would put them all together and come to some decision. I may have to revisit a few times but other than that, it could be over quicker than I could even realise. 

Then we could move on.

I could move on with Harry. 

That alone put my mind at a temporary ease. Usually thinking about Harry and I being in a relationship was only imaginary but this time it could actually happen. We could almost do everything that I've dreamt of besides me running out with him on the field to play in a match. Maybe that was what I had wanted at some point but I was okay with what I already had with Harry. We've held hands and we've kissed so, hopefully, things between us could escalate and be more serious. Those things could so easily be real now. As cheesy as this sounds, maybe he was my 'It Gets Better'; at least he's a big part of it. 

By now class was almost over and I had no clue what could be taking them so long to talk to the coach. I hadn't even take this long, well if you look at it as a whole I took ages but my conversation with Coach didn't even take up too much of my time. Once my mouth was able to open and words didn't stumble out like somebody tripping and falling down the stairs, it only had to take me about a half hour to get everything all finished up. I guess since it was the both of them that it had to take longer.