Chapter 2

"Oh wow I look bad." I said to myself. I tried my hardest to put on some make-up and not look as trashy as Adam says I look. I ended up calling my friend Ashlyn to pick me up and take me to the mall. The door bell rings and I grab my phone and wallet and walk down the stairs. I see Ashlyn flipping her bright blonde hair as I open the door. I laugh as I open the door. "Still worried about your hair I take it?" I asked her. She laughed and motioned that I needed to go ahead and lock up and get in the car. I walk towards her bright pink Bug and open the door, taking my time to sit down. "Man Laruel.. Are you okay? You look soo.. Melancholy." she said sounding worried. " I-I'am fine Ashlyn. No need to worry. I'm just still messed up from last night." I told her when we both clearly knew that wasn't my real problem. "Okay Hun. But you know that you can tell me anything. No matter what it is. If I can trust you with anything. You can trust me with anything." Ashlyn said smiling at me. "Thanks." I told her. We sat in silence for the rest of the time. I kept thinking about what Adam had said to me. I kept thinking of what he would like for me to wear. Probably something a whore would wear. But I would wear anything for Adam. I love him and I know he loves me. "Laruel? You okay? We're already here." Ashlyn said with a strange look on her face. "Oh! Yes. Ha-ha-ha. I'm sorry I got lost in my thoughts again. You know how I get." I looked around the parking lot and took off my seat belt then closed the door. We walked inside the huge mall. The automatic doors swooshed open and a rush of cool air hit my face. I really needed that, it was sooo hot outside. "So chick! What do you have in mind?" Ash. asked me. I thought before speaking. "Something pretty. Of corse. Something Adam will like me in. Something to wear to the party tonight." "Woah! What? I thought you were going to your grandma's funeral tonight? So what happend to that?" she asked me. I found a table near a Spencers store and sat at it before answering her questions. " Well, I was taking a shower this afternoon and when I got out Adam was in my room. He told me I was going to go to the party with him tonight. And that I wasn't going to the funeral. I can't disagree with him." my voice trailed off. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face. "So what I'm getting out of this is that you're saying you're boyfriend won't let you see your dead grandmother? And he's making you go to a party?" "Yep." I tell her. "Dude, quit playing I know you're making that ish up! Adam would never do such a thing to you. He loves you and he's a good guy. He wouldn't ever make you do something you don't wanna do." she protested to me. "I'm not playing. I'm telling the truth but whatever! I just need a new out fit and to get my hair done." I stared at her. She looked back at me and we went to the first store. After trying on like 50 outfits I only bought two. My hair is beautiful and I feel great. I just can't wait for Adam to see me.