Plan A

After entering my house, once again I locked myself in my room.

What should I do? I asked my brain.

It said 'Run away'.

'Yes that was the best option.' I thought.

So, then get set go...

I pulled out my trekking bag and put all my required stuff in it.

Wait! was I crazy? Where would I go?

That was something I had to plan about. So, I pulled out my laptop and started scrolling on the internet.

But I don't know why, a feeling inside me started telling me that I should have a look on Derek's life history so far.

I knew that guy but now it felt like I didn't know him at all.

I wanted to know more about him and I don't even know why was I bothering?

So I signed up for facebook, instagram and many other social networking sites.

Just then my mom arrived.

I let her in.

"Dad and I are going for shopping, you want us to get anything for you?" she asked coming in.

"Yeah, maybe a couple of pizzas, french fries and a coke." I said.

Eating is the number one way people deal with stress.

"Sure madame" she smiled which highlighted a dimple on her left cheek.

I smiled back, only then she noticed the trekking bag lying on the bed.

"Are you going somewhere?" she asked me.

"Oh! yes..yes.." I said thinking what to say next.

"Where?" she asked.

"Actually I forgot to tell you that months ago I signed up for a camp. And tomorrow is the leaving day and I almost forgot about it. I even forgot to tell Melly so I thought that I should go alone, make some new friends." I tried to act normal. My mom was very quick at catching my lies.

"Oh! that is great. I will help you out in packing, after the dinner." she smiled again and then left.

I closed the door behind her and said "Yess..."

For the first time I felt happy. Plan A was successful. The voice in my head assured me that everything was going to be fine now.

I went back to my laptop.

"Derek, who are you?" I said looking at his cute profile picture on facebook.

I did all the research from every social networking sites.
And the result that I got after that wasn't good at all.

Well mainly it was like:

Derek's dad owned a very well known business firm, as I already know.
He had a step sister who is almost the age of his mother.
So basically he was the only lovable child of his parents. Blah..blah...
Well then was his big family background which I didn't care to remember.

So as far as his dating was considered, he has dated 15 girls before me.
I got this information from his statuses on various social networking sites.
He has been dating since he was 10.
Oh My God! I hadn't even heard the word 'dating' when I was 10.

It went like the one he dated before me was Shasha. I don't know why they broke up.

Then I was very shocked to find out that in the year 2013 he had also dated Melly.
They were in the same school.

For heaven's sake...why didn't she ever tell me.

I wasn't getting mad as I didn't care about him anymore but the thing kept stinging me from the inside. So I decided to talk to talk to Melly.

Tring...Tring...

"Hey...why weren't you picking up? I called for like thousand times." she said immediately after picking up.

"I wasn't well. Leave it anyway." I said in a low voice.

"How are things going on?" she asked.

"Not good" I answered.

"Why? What happened?" she asked getting concerned.

"I said leave it. There is something else I wan't to ask you." I said.

"Yes boss" she said.

"Why didn't you tell me that you knew Derek from before college?" I asked.

"Well he was just a classmate nothing else." she lied.

"Yeah! A classmate who dated you. Right?" I said.

"Look Becky, it was just a dare." she lied again.

"Don't lie to me Melly." I shouted.
The problem wasn't that she dated the same guy who dated me, but it was that she was lying to me which I didn't like at all.

"Okay..okay, I'll tell you the truth and trust me this is the truth." she said.

"Go on." I said.

"So Derek wasn't in my school from the start. He joined in the year 2012 and was my classmate after that. We were good friends until the day he asked me out on a date. He didn't propose me. We dated for like a week but things didn't work well. Because I already had a crush on someone else for over a year. So we decided to drop off the idea and promised each other to act as if nothing happened, like we never met each other. Then I went to a different school because my crush changed the school and didn't see him again. That's it, no more secrets" she said.

"You should have said that to me earlier." I said.

"I am sorry." she said.

Then I really felt like she was sorry, so I forgave her, making her promise that she will never lie to me again.

Then after having a short chat, I hung up.
I felt light hearted then. I wasn't the only one in this dating scandal.

But dude I was the only one pregnant.

I passed time stalking him for some time, then I also stalked some of his friends till the time my mom came back with the things I needed the most.

Then she said that dad had to leave on an emergency meeting so he would be leaving after dinner.

We had a cute family dinner, then my dad went to catch his flight.

It was about bed time and I was hanging in my room figuring out what was I going to tell my mom?

That my mom called me from downstairs.

I rushed out of my room and peeked down.

She was holding the receiver of the landline and said "Becky, it is Micheal."

"Tell him, I am sleeping" I whispered.

My mom turned back to the phone and said "She says she is asleep."

"What the..." I said and rushed downstairs.

I grabbed the receiver and said "Hello Mike. I am not fine right now, I will talk to you later."

Then I hung up.

"Mom. Why did you say that?" I asked her getting angry.

"Said what?" she asked like an innocent.

" 'She says she is asleep'" I said mimicking her.

"Becky, he is a nice guy. And I am seeing that you are into some kind of depression right now. So I just wanted you to talk to him. Sharing makes things easy. I am your mom, I do care for you but I wont force you to say anything you don't want to share with me. But that is what friends are for." she gave me a lecture on friendship, sharing, caring and everything in between.

It was then time that I was feeling sleepy. So I went to bed deciding to talk to her in the morning.

Hey reader, if you liked the chapter, do vote.