Fishtail's Battle

"Tail swinging furiously, Fishtail jumped high into the air and landed directly on the strange, sharp toothed fish. Dragging the flopping fish on shore, he sensed an unknown presence. A rustle sounded from the opposite bank of the river. Glaring furiously, a dark tabby cat pounced from across the river and skidded through the mess of reeds lining the river's edge.

"Fishtail!" growled the cat, who was circling Fishtail.

"Icemoon!" Fishtail growled back.

Icemoon had been molesting River Clan for moons, and was renowned for her ferocious fighting skills. She used to be a good friend of Fishtail's, until she was banished from the clan for accidentally harming Beestripe, one of the clan's best warriors and queens. A sound erupted not unlike a roar from the furious cat and she pounced high into the air, swiping with her claws. Fishtail rolled over and out of the way. Icemoon landed lightly and spun around to face Fishtail.

"You won't get away this time, Icemoon!" Fishtail yowled, closely watching Icemoon's movements.

Icemoon laughed menacingly, "Are you so sure?" She licked her paw.

Icemoon threw herself full speed and power toward the unexpecting Fishtail. Yowling, Fishtail again avoided the attack, but this time lay stunned on the ground for a moment. Icemoon glared at her, and growled furiously, "I'll be seeing you again!"

With that, she chomped on to Fishtail's leg and left Fishtail yowling in the distance. Fishtail had sensed it too. River Clan's patrol was heading their way. Suddenly Beestripe burst out of the tall grass surrounding the river.

"Where is she?" Beetsripe growled.

"She, she got away," Fishtail gasped, the world becoming blurry around him. His face stung from a claw strike from Icemoon. He fell to the ground."

"Is that really how it happened, Fishtail?" Fuzzypaw questioned the blind elder curiously.

"It's one hundred percent true, young one. Icemoon later grew up to be a wiser cat than I am. He is now the leader of Wind Clan, Icestar."

Fuzzpypaw mewed tiredly, "I think I need some rest now, It's getting late."

Fishtail nodded her approval, and Fuzzypaw curled up in her nest and closed her eyes in sleep.