Chapter Eighteen

Thanks for the cover pharydeerh. It's beautiful.
This chapter is for Saznah ,Herneefer and walidarh

Ikram's POV

"Haba Zahra stop crying. I thought you said you don't even have feelings for him." I said trying to console Zahra from her endless crying. Just an hour after ya Ahmad left, Zahra came with her eyes red and I immediately engulfed her in a hug. At that point, I knew ya Ahmad had already broken the news to her.

"I know I said that but did you really believe me?" She said while dabbing her eyes with the edge of her hijaab. I don't think she had time to dress up because she came with her pyjamas and a large hijaab.

"I mean Ikram why me? I finally fell in love for real this time and it had to go wrong. So wrong.." She said as she burst into a new fitful of tears.

I just held her hand because honestly I don't know what to do or even say. I kinda understand how she's feeling because I was once there and I know that pain she's feeling.

"He told me not to call again. That we can't be friends anymore. He said his goodbye to me. I had so much to say but I couldn't even find any word and then he hanged up on me. I feel like he doesn't even care because he sounded so distant." She said with a faraway look as if she was reminiscing their conversation all over again.

"Don't say he doesn't care. You don't know how hard this is for him too. I mean he came here practically crying. At least be glad you aren't the one forced into an arranged marriage, with someone like Husna in fact."

She looked at me and nodded. "Yeah I guess, what I'm feeling can never be compared with what he's going through. Why does it have to be this way? It hurts so much Ikky,it hurts..." She broke down again on my chest as I held her close patting her back.

"Everything alright here?" I heard his voice ask. That voice...

Shh Ikky,Now is really not the time for this.

I motioned for him to leave the room and we'll talk later. He just nodded and left. I sighed internally thanking God that he didn't argue.

"Zahra?" I called her poking her arm but she didn't respond. Apparently,she's fallen asleep. I disentagled myself from her and adjusted her on my bed. I grabbed my pink duvet and covered her with it. I left the room and went over to Adnan's room and knocked. I guess since we're making progress,all his rules are nullified. I just hope so.

"Come in." I heard him call out.

I opened the door and went inside the room. The room was dark as always. He was seated on his bed with his MacBook in front of him and papers scattered around.

"I can come back later if you're busy." I said lightly.

"No not all,come sit." He said as he cleared some papers and told me to sit.

"Why is your room so dark?" I asked merely out of curiosity.

"I just like it that way. Makes sleeping a whole lot easier."

"You don't get enough sleep?"

"You have no idea bambi. These nightmares are consistent. They never stop. Each night gets more worse than the other and somehow the dark makes me feel safe." He said.

"Wow. Can I know what the nightmares are about?" I asked timidly. Maybe he'd open up to me.

"Not today Bambi. Not today. Story for another day."