Chapter number one: I can't help it

Here it is, the first chapter :) I am sorry for the wait, and this also makes it official: I am going to continue this story. I apologise for typos and other mistakes, this is not edited. Also this is one of those chapters that writers use to develop plot but in which nothing really happens, I hope you'll enjoy it anyway :) Also, if you like you can check out my other story: ''Howl to the moon'' It is completelly different to this one though in so many ways. With all of this being said please, do enjoy your read and thank you for your support :)

                                                           I can’t help it

   I replayed it in my head, every little painful detail as I relived the memory. I could almost feel the pain of the impact again, the blistered heat of the sun, all of it. I shut my eyes in the attempt to hold it all back, to keep those horrifying images away.

   ‘’Man, you’re spacing again.’’ My best friend, Andrew, said as he slightly nudged my shoulder.

    My attention snapped backed into present, only for me to face the judging eyes of my teacher, Mister Blake.

   Daniel Blake was a short man; his features reminded me of a fat house cat. He could have been described with one word: round. Everything about him resembled the shape of a ball. His fat little hands, his little head that was seated on a much too big, once again, round body. He disliked standing, he disliked talking, he seemed to dislike teaching as well as children. Why he ever chose to become what he was, has always been, and still is a huge mystery to me. The only one of his features that seemed to move were his eyes, his huge, lizard-like eyes. They would constantly survey the classroom, successfully locating anyone that didn’t pay attention.

   Unfortunately for me, on that specific day, they zeroed in on my face, and even from the glint in them I could see I was in trouble, lots and lots of trouble.

   ‘’Christopher, you don’t seem to find my lesson interesting today, do you?’’ He said, in his croaky, flat voice.

   ‘’I’m sorry sir,’’ I said, standing up. ‘’I have trouble with concentration recently.’’ It’s been two days since the accident, and I still couldn’t get those pictures out of my head. I was sent to talk to principal after my teachers noted I wasn’t being myself during the classes.

   ‘’You are sorry?’’ His eyes flashed a dangerous glow for a second.

   He said nothing as he took a piece of paper and started scribbling something on it. He kept shooting me glances as he wrote, but I knew that, whatever it was he was writing wasn’t good for me at all.

   ‘’Come here.’’ He said and motioned for me to stand next to him. Once I was there he offered me the piece of paper and anxiously waited for me to take it. ‘’You will take your belongings and give this to the principal.’’

   I took the paper from his outstretched hand. I noted it was slightly wet. It didn’t come as a surprise to me; his hands were constantly sweaty and glistering with sweat. I went rigid as I read what he wrote; the slip was bound to get me detention.

   ‘’Disrupting class?! Talking back to his teacher?! I didn’t do any of this!’’ I tried to stop myself from shouting, but I failed miserably as I saw his evil little face practically radiate with all of his malice.

   ‘’Principle. Now. Or you’ll get yourself even deeper Morgan.’’ He practically sang as he motioned for me to leave.

   I gritted my teeth as I walked out of the classroom and toward the principal’s office. Once there I knocked on the door and let myself in.