1

"Alright, I am going to start with a rather interesting topic-"

"I swear, if it's anything about the economy I might cry..."

"Don't be so bloody rude!"

"Speak for yourself, Angleterre."

"Please don't start arguing already..."

"Do I have to get my pipe out?~"

"Westerners are so childish..."

"China, please."

"Maybe we should just stop talking and start aga-"

"You're not helping, bastard."

"Fratello!"

"Shut up!"

Germany was extremely tired of every meeting bursting into misconduct and mayhem within a matter of minutes. It was always the same; America made some comment, England got irritated and Russia's pipe was quickly slammed on the table. Every. Single. Time. Maybe if they gave him the chance, they'd realise that Ludwig was not going to be discussing economical issues and actually had something important that he needed everyone to hear.

Allow me to explain: Ludwig had the habit of arriving earlier than everyone, usually by about half an hour, regardless of which country he was in. This time was no different, only, when he'd entered the conference room ready to get everything organised, he hadn't expected something to be sat waiting on the desk in front of his seat. Setting down his case, he'd taken a seat and stared at the decorated book. It's blue bow was neatly tied, and a small envelope had been tucked under the ribbon. With little thought, he'd opened it, and the anonymous note had certainly puzzled him:

'L,

Inside this book is a collection of things that I want you to share with everyone else who will be in this room shortly. It's important that they all listen to what's inside. Every word needs to be read. We are counting on you.'

Germany thought it was cryptic, but after he'd taken the liberty of reading a couple of pages, he'd seen that the note was right. Everyone had to know what was happening, whether they liked it or not. He knew he had issues, past and present, and now he felt compelled to ensure that everyone knew everything about him and all the other nations. It didn't matter if they were at the meeting or not. They'd listen or he'd be damned.

The room had fallen silent. Everyone looked at Germany, some with confused frowns, others with mild curiosity. Clearing his throat, Ludwig reached for the book which he'd placed with his case under the table, and he gently placed it onto the wooden surface for all to see.

"What's that, Germany?" Italy asked. "Are you going to read us a story? I like stories~"

Ludwig decided to roll with that idea, figuring that it was the easiest way to explain it. "Sort of. This book," he said, tapping in the leather cover and looking at everyone around the room, "contains lots of short stories written by people in this very room. From what I've flicked through so far, I've determined that some are a lot more... Cathartic than others."

"Germany... Are those...?"

The German held up his hand, telling England to wait. "This book was left for me by someone anonymously. Inside are a collection of observations and personal entries, either written about or by everyone in this room, and some countries outside."

Tension slowly increased. It was clear that everyone was now worried about how many secrets had been spilt onto the pages, and Ludwig himself shared that fear. He'd only read three entries, and none were about him. Whoever had done this had taken a lot of time into studying them all as people. They'd taken effort into seizing their personal documents and rewriting everything.