Chapter Six: Dwarf Corting and The Past

Kili's P.O.V

The next morning we set out at first light I'm guessing that uncle wasn't wanting to stay in one place too long after the fright we had yesterday.Filli brings his horse up beside mine "hey Kili why don't we explain to Mr.Baggins and Miss Mai dwarfish courting?" he whispers just loud enough for me to hear I look over at him to see he's grinning like a fool "why?" I whisper back not seeing why he would want too. I see his jaw drop "Are you blind my dear brother? we will tell them because they have coat the eyes two different dwarfs one being vary stubborn and the other knowing nothing of her culture." he whispers excitedly still grinning like a mad man i feel my face slit into a smile "alright but you can because your older maybe if we're lucky we can get help with out asking for it from one of the others" I whisper to him moving my horse beside Bilbo and filli beside Mai and some how Balin ended up in the middle of them.

Fili's P.O.V

Kili gives me a thumbs up with a wide grin balin looks at us with a raised eye brows "Bilbo Mai how much do you know of dwarfish courting?" He says rather bluntly I see Balin grin he obviously noticed the same thing we or I had.Bilbo and Mai exchanged the the same bewildered look "No I do not know any thing of it I do not think Mai knows any thin either" bilbo says vary politely looking over at Mai how shakes her head Kili looks at me and grind "well dwarfs only love once and that person is referred to as there one dwarf courting has several stages the first one a small gift is given consisting of a pipe or a bead or some thing of there trade the second is they must prove that they can protect you in battle or well some other from but manly in battle and the third and final they will braid there hair and place a bead in it.I think that is every thing right Balin?" I glance over to him with a small grin tugging at my lips Balin thinks for a moment "I believe so laddie you just forgot the part in the early stages of courting a small braid is put in there hair with one of there beads are placed in it." He finishes with a smile

Mai's P.O.V

The brothers grin mischievously moving there horses up beside Thorin and Dwalin Bilbo and I exchange the same bewildered look gandalf chuckles bringing his horse up beside bilbo a knowing smile tugging at his lips . "Gandalf why would Fili and Kili tell us about Dwarfish courting?" I ask in a voice low enuff for only him and Bilbo to hear. Gandalf smiles and strikes his long Grey beard Bilbo looks at me in shock I only nodding and keep riding. "Perhaps it's that they have seen that a member of the company has began courting you both."Gandalf says thoughtfully in the same hushed tone. "Gandalf you know some thing more?" I ask feeling childish for pressing for more answers. my stomach feeling tight like when Bofur was cleaning my arm up. Gandalf chuckles not answering my question leaving me to my thoughts. I end up smiling to my self remembering when I was young how Gandalf and Radagast were like family too me and still are. I often saw them like grandfathers in the many places I've wandered I found my self in the company of many but vary few of them did I choose to stay in contact with. I never really had a real home that I could remember,but the place now where I feel at home is in Fangul Forest some times I'll Speak with the Ents or walk throw it in silence. I was brought from my thoughts when I found my self in the company of Bilbo Ori,Dori and Nori. "You and Gandalf have known each other fore a long time then?" Bilbo asks I smile "Yes I've known him for a long time" there was a slight pause in the conversation "When you came to talk to Gandalf he said some thing about Fangul Forrest?" Dori brought up curiously. I feel a small smile spread across my face "Yes the last time we spoke that was where I was going and well there in the forest it felt more like home than any where els" I look over to see every ones astonished faces "Lass? they say there are Ents in that forest among many other un-common things in the world to day?" Balin inquired. "yes there are Ents, fairys, dryads, and Nymphs. I'm sure there are other things in the forest but those seem to be the most common" a short pause followed that "How long have you been living in Fangul Forest for?" Ori asks sounding mind boggled. "Hmm probably the better part of two years" I say not knowing for sure how long. The rest of the day was filled with conversations of the Forest and many other things from my past I explained some if what I knew of my culture for only I knew vary little because it was so vary complex and courting hardly ever happened between between two shadow hunters because of the varying races and nun of which cared to mix races.