Chapter 30: Terrified

Author's Note

For a change of pace I'm pleading before you all read. Just remember I can't write if I'm dead and that I love you all for reading. Enjoy!

Also happy early Easter for anyone who celebrates it. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I made everyone agree that no one would find out that we went into the tunnel and that I never saw Pride, it took a bit but they all eventually agreed. We called it a night and went back to our rooms, it was only minutes before there was a knock at my door. I pulled on my night shirt that went to my knees and walked to the door. I slightly opened my door and through the crack saw Sara standing there. I stepped back and opened the door wider letting her in, closing it  behind her.

"Sara? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Knowing he's back, knowing he's in the country is... terrifying," she said. I knew she was talking about Pride.

"It is," I confirmed and she sat down on my bed. Minutes later we were joined by Trisha and I had to put actual pants on with the arrival of Maes followed quickly by Mustang. 

"Should I be expecting anyone else to this party? If so we need to move out of my bedroom," I said as I sat on top of my desk.

"You always say you read the files, that you got access to them from that time," Maes said.

"Yeah, so?" I asked.

"We want to read them. Our parents won't tell us anything, so if we read them we'd understand better," Mustang said and I shook my head. 

"Guys, those files weren't easy to get to before. Now that it's happening again it will be hell, and I mean utter hell," I said.

"We want to know Levy, they won't tell us anything," Trisha said.

"And that's a good thing. The things some of your parents went through... they didn't want you to know before because it was bad. They don't want you to know now because you'll be more terrified than you are now, it's better if you don't know all the details," I replied.

"But it's not fair," Sara commented.

"Yeah well not everything is fair," I replied. "I know everything the homunculi did. Envy, killed your namesake Maes. Lust paralyzed Havoc. Wrath used Riza to get the Fuhrer to perform human transmutation. Gluttony almost sentenced Edward and Ling to live in another dimension that was his stomach. Sloth made it possible for the plan to work, he created those tunnels we were in. And Pride. Pride blackmailed and followed Riza so she couldn't tell anyone what she knew. He was one of the worst of them. And Greed well he was just an ass who wanted everything. 

"But those looks on your guys' faces is just knowing those things. That's not everything, there is so much more that happened back then. So really, just drop it and be happy you don't know what is in all those files."

They didn't say anything, but the looks on their faces said it all. They weren't prepared to know about that war.

"Well then now that has been settled, can I go to bed?" I asked. They all nodded and began heading to the door.

"Levy, you knew. You knew what he did, so why? Why become friends with him?" Sara asked and everyone stopped moving and looked at me.

I took a deep breath. "Because Selim wasn't Pride. They were different people. Pride is just that, he's nothing but that. But Selim is kind and good and-"

"You love him," Trisha finished and they looked at me expectantly.

"I might have. But that's over now because Selim is gone."