Chapter 18: The Hospital

I opened my eyes and was staring at a ceiling. There was a pain in my back. "What the hell happened?" I asked.

"Levy, you're awake," Selim said as his face appeared in my line of sight.

"Help me sit up and tell me what the hell happened," I instructed, he helped me sit up and explained I had been stabbed in the back and that he found me. 

"I fell a lot quicker than I thought I would," I commented.

"Doctor said there was some kind of poison in the wound."

"That would explain why I fell so quickly. Selim there were these kids, not much older than me, they moved fast and they had been trained," I said.

"Do you think they're the ones who took the Curtises?" he asked.

"Well someone was pissed off that Mason was gone. They were good fighters, they knew that alchemists tend to not train their body when they're training their alchemy skills. But not Izumi Curtis, she was the one who taught the Elrics how to fight. I have no idea how they took them down," I replied. "Selim, I need a phone."

He helped me get up and get a phone in the hallway. I called the Fuhrer's number. "Does it sound like I care that this isn't a secure line? I said to patch me into the Fuhrer, now."

"I'm sorry, but we aren't permitted to do that," the person replied on the phone.

"Listen to me. I am the Frost Alchemist sent on a mission by the Fuhrer. I am currently standing in a hospital injured as hell and I swear if you don't patch me in I'll-" I began to threaten, but I was being transferred. And then the line picked up. "What the hell kind of job did you put me on?"

"Frost?" he asked.

"Who else. The Curtises are gone. We found Mason locked and dying in the fridge. I go back and some freaking ninja kids attacked me and I end up in a hospital, so you better catch me up real fast," I said. 

"Frost, if I knew what was going on do you think I would have sen you, now start from the beginning," he instructed and I told him everything that happened since I arrived in Dublith, making the Fuhrer swear to not say anything to the Elrics. 

"I'm sending you back up," he said.

"Last time I had someone with me, she was killed by a psychopath. I'm sending Selim away as soon as I'm released. No one is going to die for me Fuhrer, not anymore. I'm staying here, I'm going to investigate what happened to the Curtises and I'm going to find them and bring them back home, safe," I said.

"You almost sound like an Elric," he commented.

"I'm not an Elric. I'm an Armstrong, I'll report into you every once in a while, Fuhrer," I replied.

"And reporting in, that makes you an Armstrong," he said before hanging up.

"What do you mean you're sending me away?" Selim asked.

"I'm not going to risk your safety for this," I replied.

"You're not risking it, I'm volunteering. I want to help out and if I help, maybe people won't see me as this old villain," he said. 

"You're not going to leave even if I ask you, are you?"

"Nope."

"Fair enough. I want you to watch after Mason for me in case he remembers anything else. I want to know what they said when they took the Curtises and I don't want them to go after him," I said.

"What about you?" he asked.

"Oh now I know better, don't worry about me," I replied. He nodded and left to go to Mason's room. 

"Levy Armstrong, there's a call for you," a nurse came up and said to me. She picked up the phone I had just put down and pressed a few buttons before handing it to me. 

"Hello?" I said and I immediately heard a rambling of yelling from two different voices, it didn't take a genius to figure out who it was.

"Guys, guys calm down," I said. "I can't understand you."

"Did you think that we wouldn't want to know someone hurt our master?!" Edward yelled.

"I'm going to murder my uncle," I said and they started yelling again, I guessed the other voice was Alphonse. "Guys! It's not that I didn't think you would want to know, it's just that you're already so worried about Winry, I didn't wan to add another thing to your plate. Especially if I didn't have any information."

"Well what do you know?" Alphonse asked.

"Someone took Izumi and Sig and locked Mason in the freezer. When I went back there I was attacked by two kids who had exceptional fighting skills, but they didn't have alchemy or at least they didn't seem like they did. I think they or whoever they work for took your master and her husband. Now before you say anything. I can handle it, so don't you dare come down here or send anyone here. Right now I'm still just investigating, I'm not even sure what's going on myself. But either me or the Fuhrer will keep you guys in the loop," I explained.

"Yeah sure Mustang is going to tell us anything," Edward muttered.

"Then I will keep you updated. Until you hear from me again, keep taking care of Winry. I'll be by when I can. And I will find your master and her husband," I assured before hanging up. The question was how was I going to find them? I knew nothing about the people who took them. I don't know what they want. I don't know their plan. What if they killed them? What if it doesn't stop there? I decided to make a few calls across the country to Colonel Falman, Colonel Ross, Brigadier General Havoc, and Lieutenant Colonel Breda. It took a few other calls to get a hold of the people I wanted, but I did it and they all agreed to help me. Their job, keep their ears out for disappearances, any disappearances or anything about ninja children attacking people.

Now it was my turn to dig around. I had to get out of the hospital first and then to investigate Dublith, see who knows anything about the kids who attacked me.