Behind Closed Doors - Chapter Eleven

* Sorry I made you guys wait so long for this chapter.. I have my final GCSE exams in a few weeks, and they are very important. I've also had work and other stuff going on.. So I am sorry..

* This chapter is dedicated to xKathy - This girl is brilliant. Hopefully she will survive the shock of this to read on.. But if not Kathy, know that I'll always remember you! ;) ahahaha.. No on a serious note.. This girl is awesome and the reason why I actually wrote this chapter!

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Get off of her!" Kibwe shouts.

"Oh shut up.. Who do you think you are? Ordering me to do something.. Stupid piece of scum" one of the dark skinned black men shouts.

"I'm so sorry.. This... We wanted to protect you Dionne" my mother screams as a man bundles a bag over her head.

"Why'd you have to be so damn stubborn!? We never wanted you to go back to school" my dad says sadly.

"I.. What.. I don't understand!? What's happening?" I stutter as another man pulls tightly at the ropes wrapped around my wrists.

"Please, let her go. She doesn't understand!" Kibwe screams.

"She may not understand, but she knows too much."

"No.. No, no, no! She doesn't.. She can keep quiet.. We'll MAKE her stay quiet if we must!?"

"No. That's simply not an option. She must be killed. All of you must be-"

I shoot upright, panting in my bed. My eyes are still closed and I try desperately to wash away the violent images in my mind. My hands instinctively shoot up towards my head, and my hair feels damp with sweat. I feel a few sweat beads drop from my forehead.. What the.. Why was I so hot? I open my eyes to find that I'm not in MY bed.. In MY room.. In MY house. I'm in a.. A.. HOSPITAL!

"Finally, you've come around" my Mother sighs with relief

"Mu-"

"No! Don't.." my Mother interrupts.

"I.. It's.. I.."

"Darling.. Dionne.. Don't."

"I.. You.." then I stop myself when I look into her distraught eyes.

I feel a pang of pain jolt from my left wrist and I look down to see the blood stained bandage on it. I gently caress the cuts through the bandage. I debate explaining myself to my Mother but when I look up to see her staring meaninglessly out of the window, I decide its better off for me to stay quiet. Or at least avoid talking about what happened, and why.. I mean SHIT.. She knew about the cutting! THAT was bad enough.. But of course she'd want to know WHY I did it.. I couldn't tell her it was 'boy problems' because I don't know any boys anymore! And she couldn't know about my fucked up lesbian love life..

"D-Does dad know?"

"Yes."

"How? W-why?"

"As if he wouldn't. When the ambulance came it wasn't exactly discreet.. And with two hundred guests screaming at the sight of you.. Well, you get drift."

"Is he.. Angry with me?"

"Yes! No.. I don't know."

"You must know.. You must have talked?"

"No.. We've briefly talked about it. He's away on business and I've mainly been here."

"He's.. Away.. On business? Whilst I'm struggling for life at hospital!?"

"Well not exactly.. Although you were an alarming case at first, they soon stabilized you. Then he got the go ahead to go and got the flight."

"To where? Actually you know what, I don't want to know."