Change of Fate

Hello, thank you for choosing to read my story. (:

i just wanted to add that some of the characters in 'Change of Fate' i have made pictures for, so look out for them as the chapters go. It's just to give you a fair idea of how i imagine them. The picture on this page is the front cover, but also has Eva and Maya on it, too. (:

-------------------------------

Prologue.

The eight rogue Angels stood before Heavens High Court, awaiting their punishment upon the white cloud platform and on the pedestal of their own stupidity. Each member of the High Court, ten majestic Angels that spoke for the Almighty in his absence, glared at their opposing misfits with such anger and vengeance that dark venom seemed to leak from their eyes. Each Angel had a healthy glow of heavenly white, surrounding their magnificent wings and immortal souls, and impossible beauty that it seemed almost unbelievable - even to those among Heavens inhabitants.

The teenagers on trial stood nervously, wrapped and bound in a film of transparent white to prevent them from taking flight into the air and fleeing. They were kept, and on show, in the middle of a white amphitheatre of sorts; lost souls and dead spirits waited and watched them, witnessing the sentencing like a circus audience.

The Angels on show twitched with anxiety, but were unable to fully move or spread their tense wings from the invisible barrier they were kept behind. Their vibrant eyes, the only true colour in the impossibly white grove, darted back and forth between the Ranking Angels. The suspense was splitting, so terrifyingly heavy that it would have shattered and human beings' body into a thousand pieces.

"The High Court has decided that the Angels in question," a woman with raven black hair spoke loudly, her smooth heavenly voice projecting through the void between the two parties, "are to be stripped of their wings and sent down to Earth, where they may choose to regain their humanity or wander among human beings for the rest of eternity."

The audience was silent, their faces awestruck at the outcome of the rebellious teenagers' unforgivable deed. The imprisoned Angels were silent too, dread and fear seeped from their eyes while the pain of their sentence would cause sunk in. "Wait!" One of the young Angels gasped, their baby blue eyes wide with horror. "You can't strip us! We didn't mean for this to hap-"

"On the contrary, Eden, it did happen." The High Courts' spokeswoman glared fiercely at the boy who had spoken, her own darker blue eyes piercing into his bare soul. "There is no room for argument. All of you committed a sin and you are to be punished. No one at this table feels there is a place for you at this time in Heaven; you are corrupted by evil, and you are to be banished from the Gates until you find inner peace." The finality of the verdict hung in the air like raw fire, the very thought burning each individual.

"Whether or not you find compassion is entirely up to you; you must seek it out; it will not come to you. If you do regain humanity, then your wings shall be returned and you will be escorted back through the Gates."

And with that, eight muscled figures stepped forward from the audience. As they neared the culprits, their palms emitted a white glow, growing fiercer and more powerful as they neared the struggling Angels.

A girl with platinum blonde hair began to weep, fearing the pain and devastation that was about to cause uproar in her immortal life. The boy formerly named Eden began to plead once again for forgiveness.

They were not granted he benefit of the doubt.

The muscled angels enclosed their arms around each individual's wings and stripped off their glorious feathers, allowing them to fly freely among the gentle breeze that floated around the clouds. The teenagers screamed in pain and fell to the soft cloud, shaking beneath the uncomfortable throbbing. Their bodies seemed to twitch and slither beneath losing their angelic Wings; they felt nothing other than longing and yearning to be whole again.

The clouds of which they stood then parted, allowing the shuddering teenagers to fall through the sky and towards the earth with a loud thud.