Chapter Twenty-Two

Niall's POV:

"Hurry up, Niall! We're gonna be late." I heard Alex holler from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I groaned as I struggled to tie the plaid tie around my neck.

"Screw it." I huffed.

My tie flew behind my shoulder as I marched down the stairs. Alex waited patiently on her phone by the front door. She heard me coming and looked up.

"Ready?" She smiled, slipping her phone into her purse.

"Yep." I nodded.

"No you're not." Alex snickered, walking over to me.

"Do you not know how to tie a tie?" She chuckled.

"I never bothered to learn." I shrugged.

Alex smiled and properly tied the stupid flap of fabric, giving me the chance to check out what she was wearing.

Her body adorned a medium length, dark blue dress with silver above and under her breasts. Her long brown hair was straightened, and cascaded over her shoulders and past her breasts. As usual, she wore the lightest amount of eye makeup, and let her natural, flawless skin show. She always complains about acne scars, but I honestly don't notice, I just find every aspect of her beautiful.

"Okay, now we're ready." Alex smiled, patting my chest.

"Can I have a kiss?" I asked sheepishly.

Alex chuckled, but stood up on her tippy toes and planted a kiss to my lips.

"Now for real... LET'S GO!" Alex shoved me out the door.

Alex hugged her leather jacket to her body, sheltering herself from the winter winds that blew harshly. We walked to the end of the driveway where a black stretch limo waited for us. Yeah, we rented a limo for us and and Alex's parents? Still never gonna get used to this situation, but I'll put up with it.

The chauffeur opened the door for us, and Alex thanked him as she slipped into the backseat. I followed her league, thanking the driver as I took my seat. Alex and I linked arms, and I noticed she was shaking.

"You cold?" I asked.

"No, just nervous." Alex smiled at me weakly.

In my five seconds of silence, the car started moving and I spoke again.

"There's no need to be, but I totally understand. I promise it's gonna be okay. The boys and I will preform, and our bros from five seconds of summer. You got a fully stocked bar, great cooks, and a sign very well done by your boy himself. It's going to be fine." I kissed her temple.

"What if no one shows up? Or they only show up for you guys?" Alex asked.

"Maybe they will, but they'll love the experience and come back. I promise."

"I'll take your word for it." Alex rested her head on my shoulder.

"So, did you schedule your meeting with the doctor?" I asked.

"Yeah, they said I can go in tomorrow afternoon. Do you wanna come or what?" Alex said as the limo came to a stop.

"I'd love to come. What are they figuring out tomorrow?"

"How far along I am, sort of... And an ultrasound." Alex said quickly as Louis and Eleanor took a seat in the car.

We agreed that Alex would tell them in a few days, since Louis and Eleanor are her parents and Alex is pretty nervous to tell them.