Chapter Thirty-Two

Niall's POV:

"Niall," someone whispered in my ear, poking at my chest. "Niall..." they sang. "Niall!" they shouted, finally waking me up.

"Huh? What happened? Where am I? Is Alex okay?" I began to panic.

"Alex is fine, as far as we know? She's supposed to Facetime you any minute now. So wake up." Liam slapped my cheeks.

"Wait, what?" I was totally confused. "You mean, we didn't already video chat?" I asked, looking for confirmation. I could have sworn I was talking with Alex and she told me we were having a baby girl before she started bleeding...

"No, you idiot." Liam snickered. "What the hell does she see in you?" Liam muttered to himself. Thank God- wait...

"Hey! I just had a bad dream is all." I rubbed my eyes, sitting up from my seat on the couch.

I opened my computer and logged onto Twitter, awaiting Alex's call. 'Alex and Ashton' was on the list of worldwide trends, creating a knot of jealousy in my stomach; which isn't abnormal when it comes to seeing articles about these two. I scrolled through the posts, seeing older photos of the two at Alex's club or hanging out at the mall, dating back to months earlier. But there were new photos... Photos of them leaving the baby clinic. Together. Smiling.

I felt myself twitch.

A photo of Alex appeared on my screen, along with the annoying marimba ringtone. Finally, she was calling me!

"Make it stop!" Harry shouted from a distance. Oh, right.

I answered the call and saw Alex and Ashton sitting side by side on the couch. My couch... In my home... I suppose my nightmare was partly true.

"Hello, my love." Alex smiled, waving at the camera.

"Hello, darling." I smiled back, feeling joyous at the sound of her voice.

"Hi, Niall." Ashton waved.

"Uh, yeah... Hi." I waved stiffly. "How are you?" I shifted my gaze to Alex.

"Pretty good, man. You?" Ashton answered.

"I was talking to my wife..." I said, sounding impatient. Why was this kid even here, anyways?

"Oh, sorry." Ashton scratched the back of his head. "I'm just going to get a drink, love." Ashton patted Alex's shoulder, standing up and walking away. Thank god.

"Niall, why are you being rude?" Alex furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'm not being rude?" I scoffed.

"Look, if you're going to be so frigid then I'll just leave now. I don't like seeing you like this." Alex sighed.

"Are you cheating on me?" I blurted out.

"What the hell?" Alex looked taken aback. "Are you insane? I'm your wife, Niall. I made the vows. Why the hell would I cheat on you?" she laughed.

"You spend so much time with him..." I said quietly. Am I wrong to not trust her?

"You know what? You're a dick. It's nice to know you trust me. Ashton is just being my friend... A helping hand for me while you're not here." Alex shook her head disappointedly. "I hope our son never ends up like you... Leaving his wife then not trusting her to have friends."

"Wait... It's a boy?" My heart began to beat a mile a minute.

"Yes, Niall. We're having a boy. And I wish I could've told you that with a smile on my face... Instead, all I want to do is cry. I hope you're happy."

"Wait, Alex! I'm sor-" she ended the call. "Fuck..." I cursed under my breath, trying to call Alex back. There was no answer.

Alex's POV:

It was foolish of me to hang up on Niall, I know. It's just unbelievable that he doesn't trust me!

"Hey, Alex. Are you alright?" Ashton sat beside me. Only then did I realize I was crying.

"Oh, sorry." I wiped my tears away.

"Hey, hey, hey... There's no reason to be sorry." Ashton laid his drink on the table then wrapped his arms around me. I rested my head on his shoulder as a few more tears escaped my eyes.

"He doesn't even trust me." I shook my head.

"What do you mean?"

"He thinks we're dating." I exclaimed.

"Well, as nice as that would be, you're his wife. He should know that you wouldn't cheat." Ashton chuckled. I attempted to ignore his comment. "I'm sure he knows you're not cheating... He's probably just angry or stressed and let his worries take over him. Just let it cool down then talk it over." Ashton rubbed my arm soothingly. Despite his comment, I'm not in the slightest bit uncomfortable. Ashton always makes me feel better. I looked up at him and nodded my head. Our faces were close enough that I could feel the heat of his breathes on my face, as creepy as that is.

"It'll be okay. I promise." Ashton whispered, feeling his minty breath against my face. "I'm always here for you." Before I could even register what Ashton had said, he pressed his lips to mine in a gentle but caring kiss that didn't last long at all. I pulled away immediately, barely giving him the chance to kiss me. I stood up and walked away from him.
I can't believe he just did that.

"Alex, I'm so sorry." Ashton approached me. I put my hand out as a warning for him not to get any closer. "It was compulsion! I'm sorry!"

"I think you need to leave..." I said, my voice shaky.

"Alex-"

"Now, please..." I cut him off. I watched as his shoulders slouched and he turned towards the front door. He got dressed and opened the door, giving me one last saddened glance before he walked out the door.

I felt as though I was going to puke. Not sure if it was because of my baby boy stirring around in my stomach, or because of that God damned kiss.

I suppose Niall was right not to trust me...

(A/N): hey everyone. Sorry this took so long and that its short. I am super busy lately! :( I have some writing stuff going on outside of Wattpad, that I can't share with you just yet! Please bare with me.

I hope you're all doing well and are enjoying life right now! We know you deserve it :)

Love you loads! (No creepsta)

Be back soon xD

- Corrina is sorry.