Chapter 10

"ASHIE!"

The Doctor shierks out his daughter's name, looking around, pulling his hair. He does his best to look at as much area as possible in as short time as possible, spinning around in circles until he feels like he's gonna fall over. Everything in his vision is going blurry and the finds himself fumbling for something, anything, to help keep his balance.

That something appears right in front of him, in the form of his companion. Donna places her hands on his shoulders, holding him still and looking into his eyes.
"Doctor? Doctor, calm down! Breath, yeah? Just breath!"
"Ashie's gone, Donna! She's gone!"
Donna maneges to resist the urge to roll her eyes.
"She's not gone, Spaceman! She simply wandered off somewhere. Kids do that, regardless if you like it or not."
"But Donna, she's all alone! We have to find her, now! She's only four! What if-?"
"No! First you need to calm down! Yes, biologically she is four, but mentally she's at least ten years old. And besides, this is a bloody theme park! The most dangerous thing for a kid here is having too much fun, and that's hardly gonna happen!"

The Doctor allows himself to take a few deep breaths, the blurryness fading and everything coming into focus again. Especially Donna's face, which is close to his. Too close. He stumbles backwards, her hands falling from his shoulders.

"Alright, yeah. I guess. Should we start looking for her now?"
Donna sighs, but agrees. As much as she doesn't like the Doctor freaking out, she's also concerned for the little girl. This is an alien planet and Ashie doesn't know anyone here. But, then again, neither does the Doctor. And that doesn't stop him from talking to them.

She follows the Timelord as he suddenly sets off running, like he's seen something very intresting. For a second she thinks he might have spotted Ashie in the crowd of little kids, but there's no such luck. He has, however, noticed an four-armed alien wearing a bright green vest. The TARDIS translates the writing on the back of the vest for her: staff.

The Doctor walks over to the staff, greeting him with a wave and holding up his psycic paper.
"Hello, sir. Just a quick question for you: have you seen this little girl?"
The alien looks at the paper and then back at the Doctor.
"Why should I tell you that?"
"Because- Because she's my daughter! We were out on a family trip and now I can't find her."
The alien looks him up and down.
"Yeah, sure! How do I know you're not here to take the poor girl from her family?"
"What?"
"Alright... Let's see the birth certificate, then."
"What!? Since when do you need to bring a birth certificate to prove your child is yours?"
"Since children started vanishing, that's when. Now, I'm gonna have to lock you in and we'll find the kid for you. A simple DNA test should tell us if you are telling the truth."

The Doctor is about to protest, but the words get stuck in his throat as someone behind him pulls his hands back and locks them together in a pair of handcuffs.
"No! What are you doing? There is no need for you to restrain me, I'm not gonna hurt anyone!"
No one's listening to him. He struggles, but he's not getting very far with his hands trapped behind his back. And now someone's grabbing his shoulders from behind, pushing him, forcing him to walk forward.

***

His captors escort him to a small, square building made of white concrete. There are two aliens standing outside the door, guarding it.

And Donna's there. Also in handcuffs. The Doctor saw her trying to run for it when he was handcuffed, but the Abrulivians must've figured out the two of them were working together.

"Doctor, what's going on? Why am I in handcuffs?" Donna whispers as they both are being pushed inside the building.
"Since I couldn't present a birth certificate, they now think we're here to kidnap Ashie."
"But that's absurd!"
"Absurd doesn't cover it, trust me."

They are both searched by the two guards. They don't find much of intrest on Donna, but when they sticks their hands down the Doctor's pockets they find his sonic, which they places on a metal table.

When the search is done and all eventual weapons are removed, the guards lock them each in one cells. They are still in the handcuffs, so they can't really do much. Donna sinks down to her knees, her brain not really processing the fact that they went to an amusement park to have fun and now they have ended up in prison.

The Doctor has a different plan. He walks up to the bars of his cell, striking up a conversation with the Abrulivian guard outside.

"How long have children been disappearing from this place?"
The guard turns around, looking at him with dark eyes.
"A few weeks. You should know that."
"Why do everyone always assume I'm a bad guy?"
"Maybe because you're a trouble magnet!" Donna calls from the other cell.

The Doctor ignores her, once again attempting to get the guard's attention.
"But, no one has seen anything? No one has actually noticed a child being taken against their will? No screams, no struggle, nothing like that?"
The guard shakes his head.
"Not even a trace. They just vanish."
"But that's impossible!"
"Apperantly not."

The Doctor starts pacing back and forth, old habits kicking in as he starts looking for a way of escape. He can't find one, not with his hands cuffed and a guard right outside the cell door. If he could just get hold of his sonic somehow...

His sonic, which i laying on a table also outside the cell. He can see it from inside the cell, but there's no way for him to reach it.

Not finding a obvious way out of this mess, the Doctor sinks to his knees and leans his back against the wall, closing his eyes.

[Comment/vote x]