Chapter 9

The TARDIS comes to a stop with a jerk so violent Ashie looses her balance and ends up on her back of the floor. She spends a second just laying there and looking up at the ceiling, before a hand appears above her in an offer to help her up. She takes the hand in question and it pulls her back up to her feet. It turns out the hand belongs to Donna, who's smiling kindly at her.
"Alright?"
Ashie nods silently.

The Doctor cheers triumphantly for himself, pulling the handbreak. He glances at the monitor screen to confirm that the coordinates are correct. He wouldn't want to risk little Ashie ending up in some really dangerous place.

The coordinates are the correct ones, and the Doctor is satesfied that they are at the right place. He turns to Ashie. She looks like she's getting ready to dash out those doors to whatever world that's waiting for her out there. She doesn't, though, which is a relief.

He kneels down so he's at her eye level.
"Alright Ashie, listen. You are very excited to go and explore, and I understand that. But, I don't want you wandering off. Alright. No wandering off. Have you got that?"
The little girl nods.
"I really hope I can trust you on that one", the Doctor murmurs, standing back up.
He's not about to loose the daughter he's just got to know.

The three of them gets ready to leave the TARDIS: Donna grabs a cardigan from the closet just in case and the Doctor makes sure to park properly. Ashie's basically jumping up and down, her eyes fixed on the doors. The Doctor takes her small hand in his, Donna following close behind them as they walk down the grid ramp to the doors.

"Ready?" the Doctor asks Ashie softly, beaming.
"Yes!" she yells.
Donna laughs softly at the little girl's enthusiasm. The Doctor pulls the door open.
"Ashie Tyler, welcome to the future!"

Ashie's eyes turn so large the Doctor fears they are actually going to pop out of her head as she takes in everything she's seeing.

Closest to them is a small building that looks like the booth where get tickets. Behind that booth there's aliens in all colors and sizes running around. The enormous roller-coasters and climbing frames tower up in the distance, creating an amazing skyline against the dark red sky.

"Daddy?" Ashie asks, mouth slightly open in awe.
"Yes, honey?"
"Can we go in there?" she asks, pointing.
"Of course we can!" he says, pressing a quick kiss to her temple.

The Doctor pulls out his pshycic paper, holding it up to the lady sitting in the ticket window. Her skin's got a yellow tone to it and she grabs the paper in one of her four arms, holding it close and looking. She huffs, giving it back to the Doctor, along with three colorful cardboard strips. The tickets.

"Thank you!" The Doctor tells her as she opens the metal gate and the three of them enter the themepark itself.

"She's got four arms", is the first thing Ashie says.
Both the Doctor and Donna laughs at that. The Doctor finds this the perfect opportunity to be impressive with his knowledge.

"That's true, sweetie. Everyone on Abruliv are naturally born with an extra set of arms. There are those born with an extra set of legs as well, but that's not that usual."
"Abru- Abr-", Ashie tries, struggling a bit to pronounce the planet's name.
"Abruliv. A medium-sized planet orbiting a red giant. We're really on one of its moons. That's the planet up there. It's all part of a pretty small galaxy, there's four planets in total. Abrulivians aren't the most intelligent specie out there, but they do know how to have fun. This entire moon's basically a theme park. There's another moon not too far from here that's dedicated to-"

He stops talking once he realizes no one's really listening to him. Ashie's running towards one of the bigger roller-coaster, Donna following behind her.

"Ashie!" the Doctor calls after them.
It doesn't take much effort from him to catch up with them. He grabs Ashie around the waist from behind, lifting her feet a few inches above the ground. She maneges to make quite a scene, screaming and kicking her feet.
"No, Daddy! I wanna go on the roller-coaster!" she cries, struggling in his arms.
"No, you're not. I told you not to run off and that's exactly what you did!"
"But-"
"I said no! C'mon, lets find you a swing set or something."

That's when Ashie starts crying. It starts quiet and calm: her eyes going wet and tears falling. It quickly escalates: loud sobs and whines and stomping of her tiny feet. The Doctor's hearts actually hurts at the sight of her this upset. All anger vanishes.

"Alright, you can go on the roller-coaster."
Like someone flicked a switch, Ashie's happy again.
"Yeey!" she yells, hugging the Doctor's leg.

It turns out Donna would likely rather walk across a field of flaming coal than get on that big-ass, terrifying death-coaster (her exact words) with Ashie. That only leaves one option. The Doctor is the dad after all, as Donna so kindly pointed out.

Turns out, the roller-coaster isn't much worse than the TARDIS. Sure, there are some sharp turns and some sudden drops, but it's nothing he can't handle. Ashie on the other hand, is screaming her throat raw in the seat next to his.

Once the ride's finally over, the Doctor makes it his personal mission to get Ashie out of her seat. Which doesn't exactly prove to be simple. The young girl can barely stand on her own legs. He lifts her into his arms, supporting her weight.

It takes a few minutes and a little stumbling, but Ashie's eventually able to walk on her own legs. The trio walks side by side, looking at everything. Something catches the Doctor's eye and he turns around to share the discovery with his daughter.

"Look Ashie, unicorn baloons!"

But Ashie isn't there anymore.

A/N: *gasp* cliff hanger!!!