Smoke Trails { Gamzee Makara }

___________________________

This is our decision...

___________________________

The crushed cigarettes and marijuana joints made a trail leading behind the bleachers on the football field, littering the slightly yellowing grass. Whether this trail was intentional or not, no one knew. Even the school officials knew about it, but what could they do? Draw even more attention to the problem? Fat goddamn chance.

The thick smoke spiraled around the gray sky from an active cigarette. A boy with messy brown curls obscuring his dark eyes was curled up on the grass, leaning against the back of the bleachers. He smiled as he rolled the cig between his fingers and took another drag.

"You are so going to get caught, smoking in the open like that," His female friend, [Name], had crouched down next to him, pulling her skirt down from the harsh wind threatening to pull it up.

Gamzee shrugged, his curls falling in his face. "Everyone knows already, what the hell are they going to do?"

"Mmm, that's true."

"Want a drag?" He held the cigarette out towards her, and she carefully took it in her hands and proceeded to put it in her mouth, unsure of what to do.

Gamzee laughed. "Other way."

"You know I'm not used to this," [Name] pouted.

"Well, you're my girl now," Gamzee smiled. "You'll get the hang of it soon."

[Name] attempted to blow a smoke ring and smiled. "Your girl? I like the sound of that."

"I do too." He smiled and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, watching the smoke trails disappear into the gray, cloudy sky.

_________________________

to live fast and die young.

__________________________