Covered in Stardust { Dave Strider }

________________________________________________

【★】 ησ σηє cαη cαtcн υѕ . . .

________________________________________________

The radiant sun irritated sensitive [e/c] hues, as they had spent the better part of an entire month cooped up in Strider's small, dark apartment building. Of course, since Dave had his ever constant shades slipped on, the rays barely affected him. As they walked out onto the sidewalk, holding hands tightly while basking in the Texas heat, he shot a smirk at her and tapped the rim of his infamous accessory.

"What did I tell you, babe?"

What a glorious asshole, she thought sincerely, but I think that's why I love him.

"Dave, I love you, but there is no way in hell that I will wear those god-awful shades you picked out for me the other day."

"Mmm, but you looked so good in them, [Name]." He wrapped his arms around her small frame, which, added to the heat of the morning, was burning the poor girl up.

"You're such a tease, Dave."

"But if you didn't like my teasing, you wouldn't have had a month old sleepover with me, now would you?" He raised an eyebrow and chuckled, lowering his shades for her to catch a glimpse of his bright, vermillion red orbs.

"That was because my roommate kicked me out while I was getting my stuff organized for college," [Name] laughed. "You make it sound so dirty - we didn't even do anything like that."

"You slept in my bed once."

"You weren't in it with me. You're such a secretive romantic. I saw you creep away and spend that night on the couch."

Dave smiled. "[Name]," his joking manner had suddenly turned serious, "I'm really going to miss you... why'd you have to choose the college farthest away from me? I'm graduating next year, and well, damn, you could've waited and we would've gone to community college together. Screw education."

"It wasn't a choice for me," her [e/c] orbs softened as she threw her arms around his neck. "You know that..."

"At least," the blonde teen forced a smile, "we have today left..."

"And because you're obviously so distraught," [Name] teased her year-younger lover, "we'll do anything you want."

Dave chuckled and kissed her forehead. "I just want to spend all of my remaining hours with you."

"Same here," she nodded.

"... so we're going back into the apartment?"

"Looks like it, yeah."

As they walked back into the lobby, he surprised her with a gentle and an unusually chaste kiss.

"...I love you."

[Name] smiled. "Love you more."

______________________________________

. . . ησтнιηg cαη ѕтσρ тнιѕ .【★】

______________________________________

"Stardust" © Lena

Homestuck © Andrew Hussie