chapter 12

We made it back to camp, and i see everyone surround the red car. Probably to shut off the damn alarm. I was still next to the truck when we pulled up and stop. Everyone pulled out from the back of the truck and hugged there familys, i felt pain in my chest because i had no one, I envy these people. I see the sheriff get out of the truck and walk towards me.

"Where is your family?" He asked with his raspy southern accent.
I looked down, and said

"Gone, what about you?" He gave me a sympathetic look and said. "Im sorrry....im still looking for my family." I felt sorry for him, i knew mine were dead, but the fact that he didnt know if they were alive is worse, its a big world and that is a lot of searching. I feel sorry for him.

"Well i hope you find them sheriff" i gave him a reassuring smile. He smiled back and looked down.

"Come meet everyone." I said while getting off of my motorcycle. We took a few steps and i heard barking. I looked up to see max coming toawrds me and tackled me to the groun, and started licking my face. I laughed and said

"Get off of me max" he got off but was wagging his tail and jumping up and down. The sheriff laughed and held out his hand for me to take, and helped me up.

"Well someone is happy to see you" he said.

"Jesus i was only gone for a day." I looked at max and he was sitting and looking at me with a smile.

"Hey helicopter boy! Come say hello" we both looked to see morales who was calling. I looked back at the sheriff and said.

"Come on officer friendly." He looked at me thise beautiful blue eyes and smiled. We walked up with max beside me, sheriff stopped in his tracks, i looked at him and he looked like he saw a ghost. I turned to see who he was looking at and it was lori and carl. He ran towards them and met them half way and engulfed them into a hug and started crying. That must be his family, but something didnt look right, why did lori look like she wasnt happy to see him. I realized she was looking at shane, and shane doesnt look happy he is back. There is something definitely something going on between those two.

But i am happy that he found his family. I didnt see daryl anywhere so i went looking for answers.

"Hey dale have you seen daryl anywhere?"

"Not since this morning he said he was going hunting he wont be back until tomorrow." Great.

"You and daryl seem to be getting close." Dale said with a smile on his face.

" we are just friends dale."

"Hey im not judging, its just nice to see daryl getting close to someone in this group, especially you." He said. I nodded my head.