Chapter 4

This is such a pain...

"Ahem... Hope's Peak Academy's School Trip Executive Committee has an announcement to make. It is now 10.00 p.m. Nighttime can be confusing. If you're out at night and accidentally meet a killer, then it sucks to be you! But if you're worried about that and can't sleep, I have prepared a cottage on the hotel ground for each of you. Every single one of you, please feel free to rest in your own rooms. However, before you go to bed, I strongly recommend you to ulock your doors. You never know who might be planning to kill you! Upupupu... Bye-byeee!"

"See? I really need to do this. I know myself better than anyone else. I have to give the foolish 'me' a lesson."

How to say it? Describing it as a sweet nightmare surely sounds weird. Well, you were scared at some point, then it changed into something... relieving... before you were forced to face a bitter reality of your incoming death. You had an unexpected encounter. They spoiled you of your remaining lifespan and offered some choices.

I wonder, what decision will you come to? Isn't that obvious, no? You used to be someone who decided stuffs in a matter of seconds, yet...

Was that true?

Going back to reality, we have an important 'guest'. You might be defenseless when asleep, but you never lower your guard down. At least, in this program, you set your senses to be awfully sharp for some valid reasons. With that, you are aware of someone struggling to climb through your terrace's railing. And when he did, he entered your room from the unlocked glass door.

You should have noticed that Monokuma said 'doors' in his announcement. You only locked the main door... Wait, did you lock the windows? Geez, screw it! Back when trapped in the Hope's Peak Academy, you only needed to lock one door and no windows (heck, you even left it open for some time after Monokuma gave the second motive).

This uninvited, rude, ungentleman 'guest'―because he just officially broke into a girl's room―proceeds to approach you while still trying to hold his victorious laugh to no avail.

"Upu... Upupupupu..."

Standing next to you, who are asleep by the door in a sitting position, he stares at you suspiciously, waving his hands in front fo your face. No reaction received, he then makes weird faces, dances, and whatnot until he is tired, leaning forward while panting.

What the hell is he doing?!

Perhaps he is thinking to confirm whether you are really sleeping or pretend to be. Did he seriously think it would work? He was nowhere funny. It was lame.

Brushing the nonsense aside, he finally get down to business. He prepares his sharp claws, aiming them on you for the sake of making sure to pierce you right on your heart. Then, he raised his tiny arms. And...

BAM!!

A lot happened in mere seconds.

He squaked in realization to see that you had opened your eyes by the time he swinged his claws. You see, it was like a real-life horror movie experience for him. Imagine, the last time he saw you, you were fast asleep like a corpse. And the next moment, your eyes were already wide open, staring at him like a begrudged soul.

You pulled your feet, kicking him straight towards the other side of your room, getting him flat with the wall. He fell down with a soft sound of comical squeeze―being a stuffed doll he is.

His is still sticking on the floor when he started to laugh and exclaim, "Upupupu... Daahahaha! I knew it wouldn't be that easy to deal with you, (S/n)-san! Especially when it comes to 'take care' of you." Finally he got up, dusting himself after that impact. "A smart bear learns from its experience, after all!'