(5) The Pleasure Of Meeting Kevin

Jordan had showed Aleks around to each classroom he would have to go to throughout the day, the cafeteria and library included. He mentioned that he had the same class that was currently going as Aleks, followed by the one after too, but that was it until last. So Jordan escorted Aleks to their first lesson, which was already just over half-way through. He also offered to take Aleks to his second class, though Aleks didn't go through with that, assuring the other that he would be fine on his own.

It was a relatively quiet walk, aside from the odd comments from Jordan about certain teachers and students. They stopped outside of their classroom door where Jordan knocked and slowly opened the door, taking his hat off as he did so, just like he had done in Mr Malone's office.Aleks watched as he poked his head in and innocently apologized for being late. He then explained about Aleks' presence, informing her about who he was and that he had to be shown around.

"So, Blake, how are you finding it here so far?" The woman asked him as he stepped into the room behind Jordan.

"It, uh, it's g-good." Aleks nervously answered, scratching the back of his neck.

"Good, good." She mumbled. "Well, I'm Miss Martinez and I'll be having you for World History for the rest of the year. Go ahead and find a seat wherever it pleases you." She sent Aleks away to seat-search.

He noticed one near the back, with not too many people around it. Aleks would have loved to have been completely secluded, but he knew that couldn't happen. So he took what he could get. The eyes of his peers followed him up the isle of tables until he took his seat, that's when they looked away. Most of them at least. A few lingering stares didn't go unnoticed by Aleks, but he didn't pay any attention to them and instead focused on getting a book and pen out without any of his clothes falling out. Wouldn't that just be great, people seeing the only clothes I've got and thinking I'm homeless. He chuckled under his breath to himself. They wouldn't be completely wrong there though. 

He took down notes during the rest of the class about the topic, World War I, until the bell rang. As soon as it did, Aleks nearly jumped out of his own skin from the sudden sound. He was suddenly on high alert, even though his physical features didn't show it.

"Calm down, man. It's just the bell." A boy laughed, patting Aleks on the back before sauntering out of the room. 

He looked around the near-empty classroom, noticing Jordan was still in there, continuing with the notes the rest of the class had finished long ago. Miss Martinez noticed Aleks staring with a confused expression at Jordan, who was oblivious to it, and walked up to him. 

"Jordan struggles with comprehending on the first time writing it down." She explained to Aleks quietly. "He won't be too long if you wanted to wait around for him." Miss Martinez made her way over to Jordan and whispered something to him that Aleks couldn't hear from the distance. 

Aleks pulled his bag over his shoulders, losing balance slightly from the weight of it, then slowly proceeded towards Jordan's desk. He fought in his mind about it, calling himself every name under the sun for even considering it. Just one time won't hurt. He sighed and stopped beside Jordan, sitting on the desk beside his as he waited for him to finish. 

"I thought you didn't need me to show you where the next class was." Jordan smirked, not looking up from his paper.

"If you want to be like that, then I won't wait around." Aleks stood up from the desk, but he wasn't going to leave. He wouldn't admit this aloud, but he had already forgotten where his next room is.

"NO!" Jordan shouted, Aleks noticeably jumped. "I mean, I'm almost done... And it doesn't look like my friends are showing up any time soon." With each word spoken, Jordan's voice became softer until it was barely a whisper.