Chapter 1 (Luke)

Chapter 1

~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you remember? Do you remember the world before the poison?"

~Amy Reed

~~~~~~~~~~

{Luke's POV}

*6 years later // age:17*

The only thing I could hear was the sound of my footsteps as I paced the empty warehouse. I looked around the room and saw a broken clock hung crookedly on the wall and a window, letting in a dim light.

I stopped pacing as I heard footsteps coming closer. I looked at the doorway just in time to see a woman with dark brown hair wearing a black pantsuit walk in. She walked towards me before she spoke.

"I'm glad you received my message and met me down here." She showed off a fake a smile and held out her hand to shake, but I kept still.

"I didn't have much of a choice. Why did you ask me to come here?" I questioned, getting right to the point. I didn't have any time nor patience for this.

She cleared her throat before handing me the folder she had brought with her. I glared at her before looking down and opening it, examining its content.

"It's your next assignment. You have orders to kill this man. He has... vital information about us that cannot get out. You have until tomorrow afternoon," she explained.

I examined the paper inside. His name was Anthony Hughes. The name sounded so familiar. I couldn't help but think about whatever few memories I had of my childhood.

"I think you'll enjoy this one," she said quietly before exiting.

I looked back down at the folder and found the address I was supposed to go to. I quickly walked out of the warehouse and entered my black car. I started the engine and drove to the address on the paper.

Might as well get it over with.

-

-

-

After a good 15 minutes, I arrived at a small, brown house in the middle of a field. I suppose it was convenient, there would be no witnesses. I stayed in my car and thought out my plan.

There were three reasons why I was considered the best at what I do: First, I've been training since I was six years old so I was extremely experienced at what I do. Second, I had a reputation when it came to torture. I always liked seeing the victim suffer before I killed them. Third, I have no emotions. I feel nothing. My brain was modified this way, so that I wouldn't feel the guilt of killing people as my job.

After figuring out what I was going to do, I got out of my car and walked towards the back and opened the trunk. I grabbed my bag that was filled with different... Tools that I would use to torture my victims. I closes the trunk and headed towards the front door.

I knocked three times and waited a few moments before the door opened. I saw a man who was slightly shorter than me. He had tan skin and dark brown hair that almost covered his eyes. His nose was slightly crooked, as though he had been in many fights.

I remembered who he was.

*12 years ago*

"Daddy! She stole my marbles!" A little boy, me, yelled as he ran towards his father.

My father was a tall, blonde man with broad shoulders. He was proud, but he was a family man. He was a good father to me.

He knelt down until he was eye level with me.