Chapter 11

Rule Number Eleven:
Having an affair is harder than it looks.
Just ask Sakura.

oOo

What was the right thing for me to say?

Sakura wondered to herself as she gazed out the window, tuning out most of what her companion was saying. Her mind kept wandering back to Meiling's words. Her request caused quite an uproar in Sakura's mind, because she didn't want to make promises she knew she wasn't able to keep. Sakura knew perfectly well in her mind that it was impossible for her to keep that promise, because she was lying to him already.

He was going to be hurt no matter what. Hurting him was inevitable, but Sakura didn't want to hurt him. She knew that agreeing to be Syaoran's girlfriend would have some problems to it, but she never really looked at the consequences as a big thing before.

"Sakura, are you listening to me?"

She snapped out of her thoughts. "W-What?"

Syaoran took his eyes off the road and looked at her for a second. "What's wrong? You've been like this ever since we left the bakery."

"I'm sorry," she said quietly. "I'm just thinking about a few things. What were you saying?"

"Where do you want to go first?"

"Where do I want to go first—for what?"

"You tuned me out completely, didn't you?" Sakura smiled guiltily. "For our date." He quickly added, "Unless you don't want to."

"That's not what I meant. How about going to the movies?"

"Movies it is."

Sakura took in a deep breath and studied the man sitting beside her for a bit. Just looking at him made her tumbled inside out with guilt... or was it something else?

zZz

Sakura stared at the screen with bewilderment as she tried to keep her eyes from popping out onto the floor. She quickly slapped a hand over her eyes and turned to face her companion, wondering if he was as uncomfortable by the movie as she was. She wasn't surprised at all to see that Syaoran was enjoying the movie. In fact, he enjoyed more than just the movie. Syaoran took his eyes off the movie screen and looked awkwardly at Sakura when she took off her jacket and handed it to him.

"If you need to use the restroom, I'll tell you the details when you come back."

Sakura giggled, seeing that he was embarrassed. She had to admit. Syaoran looked so adorable when he blushed—and his cuteness had this irresistible charm to it. But just when Sakura thought she had control over the wheels...

"You have a very nice choice of movies," he remarked slyly.

"Look. I didn't know that it was going to be a porno," Sakura retorted.

How was she supposed to know that it was a porn movie? All of the other movies were sold out—honestly, how many people would actually go to the movies at eleven something in the morning? Didn't they have work or somewhere else they needed to be on that fine, beautiful Sunday afternoon? Sheesh! The churches were open at that time of the hour, weren't they? All those people should be connecting with God, not watching people connect with one another.

Wait... was she talking about other people, or her and Syaoran?

And speaking of her so-called boyfriend—the least he could've have done was tell her that the movie she randomly picked was a freaking porn movie. Sakura bet he was enthusiastic about it when she picked that movie. Apparently, he was real satisfied with the movie 'cause his little bunny had been jumping like crazy ever since the first scene came on. It was hopping excitedly in its little play pin, just waiting to come out and play with other bunnies.