Chapter 5

I'm In Love with a Plumber

Rule Number Five:
Life has a very capricious nature.
Expect the unexpected.

oOo

I can't believe this is happening to me.

Why me of all people?

Why me?!

Sakura banged her head into the wall repetitively.

What did I do to deserve this? Why, Kami-sama, why!?

Syaoran sighed and scooted over to sit beside her. "Don't hurt yourself." He put his arms around her.

"Get away!" Sakura screamed and pushed him into the opposite wall. "Nothing good happens with you around!"

"I'm... err... sorry?"

Sakura scorned at him. "Did God send you down here to torture me?"

"He didn't say those words exactly." He smiled sheepishly. "God just told me to come down here to find my angel."

How can he flirt at a time like this!?

How she loathed the man with a strong passion. And where the hell was Yue? They called him for help three hours ago! How long was the stupid movie marathon anyway? Sakura growled in annoyance when Syaoran found his way beside her again—he was getting too close for his own sake.

"Tell me about your family."

"Okay," she rubbed her temples. "Why. The. Hell. Would. I. Do. That?"

"Because you're bored and I'm bored." He made it sound so easy, like it was nothing for her to tell someone she barely knew stuffs about her family.

Sakura decided 'what the hell?'. It couldn't hurt all that much right? And the other guy did have a very good point; they were both bored out of their minds.

"Otou-san is an archaeologist so he's away from home most of the time," Sakura started saying. "Before moving out, I lived with my brother and sister. In a way, things kind of worked out 'cause Nee-chan wants children, but Nii-chan doesn't want to deal with babies crying or pooping. And let's just be honest here, I'm still a baby by nature."

The two laughed. "Sounds like you have a very nice family," Syaoran remarked.

"Hm... yeah. I do," Sakura smiled softly. "What about you?"

"Pop ran off when he found out my mom was pregnant, and mom had her last breath a few years ago."

"I'm sorry..."

He just smiled.

"You've been living by yourself?"

Syaoran nodded. "I have a cousin, but I only see her sometimes. She's trying to make it out on her own like you—a runaway princess."

Sakura made a weird face when he called her that. "I didn't run away! I chose to move out for your information."

He only chuckled. "Okay, you're not a runaway."

"Thank you!" Sakura stuck her tongue out at him.

"I would stop doing that if I were you," he said. "I might just kiss you if you keep doing that."

She punched him in the arm. "You just had to ruin the moment, didn't you? We were starting to bond with each other, but you had to open your perverted mouth!"

"We were bonding?"

"We talked, and that's consider bonding."

"Interesting..."