24

Haley Scott

"Take care of yourself and if you need anything and I mean anything just call dad!", mom tells me for probably the 50th time.

"I got it mom. Just try not to worry too much about us!", I try to reassure her.

Mom pulls me in a tight hug and whispers in my ear: "After this weekend we want to get to know the boy who makes you this happy!" I blush and my gaze darts to Matt, the only one who knows about Jason, well not really but a bit, but he is currently saying goodbye to dad.

My mom pulls back and when she notices my reddened cheeks she winks and says: "A mother just knows things."

I smile shyly at her and nod my head in agreement.

She beams at me and hugs Matt much to his dismay.

"Moooom come on, I'm almost thirteen years old - a teenager!", he complains.

I chuckle at them and my dad kisses me on my forehead.

"Have a nice time, but don't do anything I wouldn't do!", he tells me.

"Getting drunk and arrested it is.", I respond with a grin on my face.

His eyes almost pop out of their sockets and he shoots an alarming look towards my mom.

"What did she tell you?", dad immediately wants to know and looks worriedly at me.

I giggle and reply: "Just that you were totally out of control and she tamed you."

My dad rolls his eyes and mutters: "I wasn't totally out of control."

"You were!", my mom tells him and kisses him briefly on his lips.

"EEEEW!", Matt exclaims over-dramatically.

I sigh and smile softly at my parents. Will Jason and I....immediately I freeze. Wow, I am already thinking of Jason and me together. That thought makes me smile and I tell my parents: "Have a great time! Text when you get there and we love you!"

"We love you too!", mom and dad tell us and carry their luggage to the car. Before they go to the airport they will drop Matt of at his school. Matt then spends the whole weekend at his best friend's house .

"Text me if you're bored.", I tell Matt before he climbs into the car.

"I'm at James', I don't think I'll be bored!", Matt smiles at me.

I kiss his head and respond: "Alright. Have a good time!"

"You too Hales!", Matt replies and the look in his eyes tells me that he expects something to happen.

If I am honest, I expect something to happen too.

I wave at them when dad pulls out of our driveway and wait until I cannot see them again.

Then I ride my bike to school and I cannot help already getting excited for today's evening. Laura and I would go together to the football game tonight, but whereas Laura has plans with Chase after the game, I would probably just head home.

I know that there would be a party after the game, but I am not sure if it really is my scene and I would have to head home soon anyway, because of the volleyball tournament on saturday. I have been on a few football parties, but everything that happened there was drama. Girls getting drunk and kissing or even sleeping with the wrong guy . Guys getting drunk to prove they are cool and trying to flirt and hook up with girls. 

Maybe I am just boring, but partying was never really my favourite thing to do.

I park my bike and head into the school. I try not to, but I search the car parking lot for Jason's car, but I cannot see it. I am early today and he is probably just driving to school.