Chapter One

Chapter One; Part 1:

*Main Characters in this chapter are: Amerianna Tucker (Ami), Michelle Owens (Shell), & Mr. Jordan Brantley*

As I mindlessly walked down the halls of Mt. Rivers High to the guard supply closet to pick up my flag, I couldn’t help but think to myself, “Damn, time really does fly when you are having fun. I almost can’t believe that this is the last year I’m going to be walking down these halls. Insane.” I grabbed my iPod out of my Louie Vuitton purse, turned it on full blast, and made my way to the gymnasium to get in a little bit of solo practice.

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight” I thought to myself as I started off with some simple drop spins and marking time while in the back of my mind trying to figure out what I was going to show the girls to do for the first 32 sets of the show. I can’t tell you why, but whenever I have a flag in my hand, I get lost in my own world; everything and everyone just disappear. So after what felt like hours of practicing alone in the dark gymnasium, I was startled by someone yanking my headphones out of my ears. “Crap, now I have to figure that out again! Dammit!” I thought to myself.

It was Michelle, what a surprise! “Ami, you have to come with me! And put that silly little thing away, I have someone to show you and I don’t want to make a bad first impression by being seen with a flag-it.”

I rolled my eyes and laughed. “I’m a flag-it now? Then what’s that make you, a wannabe flag-it?” I asked while I rolled up the flag and put it back into the storage locker, remembering that this summer she was adamant of trying out this year.

“Ha-ha, just hurry!” she snapped at me.

We practically ran down the hallway to see what Michelle was going nuts over. Then we saw him and ran back around the corner. He was gorgeous! He was about 6 feet tall, wearing a black and purple pinstriped button down shirt that gave hint to the muscular abs that lie underneath with black slacks, beautiful blue eyes, short hazelnut hair with a reddish tint when the sun hit it the right way, and he had the greatest smile!

“Michelle, look at me.” I said to her. “I need you to think for me for a second, okay? Who is this guy?”

She looked puzzled for a minute and then at the top of her lungs, yelled, “Mister Brantley!”

And not two seconds later, she was bolting for the bathroom and his extremely sexy man was walking towards me.

“Can I help you?” he asked in a very sexy British accent.

“Uhm, no. not really. My friend Michelle saw you and had a Tourette’s moment. So, I’m sorry to have bothered you.” I said blushing.

“No harm done, eh.. What’s your name if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Amerianna Tucker, but everyone calls me Ami.”

“Hold on one second, will you Ami? I want to check something really quickly.” He said.

I shrugged and continued to stare at the marble floor tiles.

“Ah ha!” he proclaimed, “I have you first period, second period, and fourth period in room 69, so I’m probably going to be depending on you a lot for these first few weeks. Is that okay?”

I almost choked on a giggle when he told me I’d see him 3 times every day for the rest of the semester, “Yeah, sure. Whatever.”

“Thanks, doll.” He said as he walked past me, “I owe you one.” Then he winked, turned around, and continued on to his classroom.

Michelle looked out the bathroom door to check if the coast was clear, and came out seconds later.. “Well, what did he say?”

“What the hell were you thinking when you ditched me?!” I screamed at her.

“I’m sorry; you know I get nervous around really cute guys.”

“Even so. But one good thing came out of it, I suppose. I now know all but my 3rd hour class.” I said laughing as we walked to our lockers through the crowded hallways.

Once we were at our lockers, we did our combinations and started decorating them, Michelle looked at me and asked, “So, what’s the dream boat like?”

“Dreamy.”

“Thank you, for stating the obvious, but I’m serious, Ami.. What is he like?”

“I don’t know, Shell. I only talked to him for like 2 minutes about classes. What do you want me to say? That his eyes are breathtaking? That he’s adorable? Amazingly tall? Built like a god?”

All Michelle could do was smirk at me. All she said after that was, “Awe. You look really cute when you talk about Mr. Brantley. I think someone has a case of ‘love at first sight’.”