Chapter 3

Lavender, extremely sweet lavender crept into my sense of smell, wafting to me in a sweet kiss. Rolling over in my own bed, and coming into contact with a solid object.

Placing my hand on the object to try and move it out of my way, but it didn’t budge. Opening my eyes slowly, because of the extremely bright light, a woman met my sight.

Luce, my sweet, lovely, wonderful, passionate Luce. Last night was extremely different from the many other stories I had heard from the other guardians. Their stories mostly consisted of watching from the shadows, making sure nothing happened to their human.

I had found out that my Human wasn’t exactly a human, but a succubus. I know that we were never supposed to bring any type of creature like that into heaven, but I just couldn’t help myself. Luce was different, she was sweet, and I didn’t want her drinking from anyone else. Except for me of course!

The night before this morn we had shared an intimate moment, and I know it sounded weird, but it brought us closer and strengthened our bond as guardian and human, and because she drank from me her skin had a beautiful and luminescent glow to it. I being an angel helped that obviously, my energy was much stronger than the average Joe.

Her hair was brighter; curves softer, skin even more beautiful than before, if that were even possible. Please open your eyes so I can see the beautiful color.

Running my hand across her soft and supple cheek she exposed her eyes to me. Oh my Heavenly father! Brilliant blue oceans stared back at me from a round angel face.

“My angel,” I continued stroking her round face, wrapping my angel wings closer around her more firmly.

“Are you better now that you have replenished your energy?” She rose up on her elbows looking down on me from the bed we were currently laying on.

“All because of you.” She smiled at me, placing her hand on my muscular arm.

“Remiel there is another angel waiting at your door. Rank: Blue trainee.”

“What was that?” she asked concerned.

“It was just the security telling me that there is another angel at my door. Only my brothers and I have security in our homes, and are the only ones that are allowed privacy in this world.”

“How convenient, well you better get the door then.”

“Don’t move angel, I will be back in a few.” She smiled at the earthly saying coming from my lips.  

Getting up from my bed I sauntered over to the door opening it up and slamming it on the person at the door.

“What’s the matter Rem?”

“We’ll let me just tell you that if the person at the door sees you hear, in my house, he is going to make you leave and I’m going to get my wings ripped off. Hurry and hide!” pulling her off the bed and pushing her under the bed’s bottom board.

“Remiel I know you are in there! Come out!” oh crap!

“Just give me a second! I was taking a bath!” I shouted while making sure he couldn’t see Luce from the doorway.

“Remiel I saw you no less than seven seconds ago; you were not taking a bath, and we don’t even need to take baths.”

Walking up to the door I brought it open looking at Uriel, my closest brother and most dear friend. He, unlike all the others, was more forthcoming with what he believed, and judged others a lot less then my other brothers.

“How are you Uriel? Long time no see.” I put my hands around him trying to give him a good, loving hug.

“You smell weird. What have you been doing?” crap.

“I told you I was taking a bath.” I turned away hoping he would swallow my lie. Hopefully.

“Stop lying. I can feel it in my heart that you are lying. Can I know there is someone in this room Rem. I’m an angel not an idiot. Whoever you are you can come out now, I know you are hear.”

No one moved for a few second. I waited for something, anything to lighten the tension in the room. Then I saw a small arm plop down from under my bed then the rest of her body. Reaching down to pull her up I didn’t reach all the way.

“Don’t touch her! She’s of the devil!” Uriel screeched in my ear.

“No she isn’t, she is just a misunderstood creature,” Pulling her in my arms, I noticed the tears forming in her eyes because of Uriel’s harsh words. “It’s okay my sweet.”

“You’re her guardian aren’t you? That’s why you have been different lately. Please don’t tell me that you have…” he trailed off while moving i] his hands toward both of us.

“What does that mean?”

“You know have you guys…you know.” Obviously he didn’t want to say it out loud but I still didn’t know what he was talking about.

“Just spit it out Uriel.”

“Have you guys made love?!” oh…that’s what he meant.

“Umm…not exactly.”

“What do you mean ‘not exactly’?”

“Well…I let her drink my energy.”

“Are you an idiot? You are upsetting the balance in heaven by doing this! If Michael finds out her is going to kill you then he is going to kill her. Do you really want that for the both of you? Do you Remiel? Because that is what you are going to get from doing this with her.”

“I know I shouldn’t be doing this, but I can’t help it. There’s is something within me that is starting to come alive; something that wasn’t there before. I need to find out what it is, and she is the only one that can help me.”

“I can’t be seen with you anymore Remiel. I love you like a brother, but you are my enemy now. You have chosen to go to the other side, and I cannot follow you there. Your future is changing rapidly before my eyes.” Uriel could see each creature’s future and I wanted to know what he saw about my own. 

“Tell me what you are seeing! Tell me Uriel!” he quickly grabbed my head and brought flush with his own. Letting me into his inner eye so I could see exactly what he was seeing.

I saw myself and Luce; her belly round and both our eyes shining with love and excitement for our child to be born soon. Then the vision switched to a hospital Luce laying there with me at her side, she was in one of the beds with a small bundle in her arms wrapped in a blur plaid blanket. A boy, we were going to have a boy! The vision switched again to a dark place, and I knew exactly where I was at. Hell. A man stepped out of the shadows, carrying my boy in his arms, placing him in front of me.

“He is half Demon; half of his soul belongs to me. You have been a very good general to me, so I just might let you choose between your son and your wife.” Another man came out of the shadows carrying Luce in his arms. “She was a very good whore when you were gone Remiel, pleasured all of my men very well.” He laughed mechanically.

“You bastard,” Trying to stand to my feet, but chains burst from the ground, wrapping around my arms and upper body. “Release me Devil!”     

 He continued laughing, and laughing, and laughing, and laughing, laughing…

“Rem wake up!” my eyelids lifting slowly seeing Luce above me. “You fainted. What happened, what did you see?” should I tell her what I saw? I didn’t want to scare her away, didn’t want to scare my precious angel away.

“It was nothing. Please don’t worry about it right now,” looking around I didn’t see Uriel anywhere. “Where is Uriel?”

“He left after you passed out. He said that he didn’t want to be seen with someone who was a walking dead man, whatever that means.” She said while playing with my blonde hair. I had to keep her safe and if that meant leaving her to her own devices then that is exactly what I would do. I would sacrifice our happiness for her safety. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picture of Uriel on the side :) very attractive young man :)

please vote and comment if you like it :)