{Chapter 12} :

Icon for Hire- Supposed to Be ^^

Avery's POV:

I finished applying my makeup for the "date" with Kolton.  Is it okay for me to nervous?  I mean, I never have been on a date, but I have been asked out.  I'm pretty sure it is normal to be nervous, but I will not show it.  Just act like yourself, Avery.

And now I am talking to myself.  Great.  Wait, I am supposed to be focused on getting ready for the date.  What did I get myself into?  I walk over to my bed and fall back onto it.

"Knock. Knock."  I hear a voice call from the doorway.  "Woah, why do you look like you are about to die?"

"Because, Skye, I am trying to mentally prepare myself for the date."  I mumble out.

"And? Come on, Avery!  This isn't you.  The real Avery would be ready to kick ass.  So, what have you done with the real Avery?"  I roll my eyes at her comment.  But, she does have a point.

I stand up from the bed, that is calling my name again, and walk over to the door where Skye is standing.

"There is the badass friend of mine." Skye squeals as she engulfs me into a hug. 

"Please don't suffocate my mate.  We have a date to go to."  Another voice calls out.  But this is the voice of my cocky mate.

Skye releases me from her arms and I put my hands on my knees to catch my breath.  I stand straight again and look at Kolton.  He is wearing a red plaid shirt, jeans, and black converse.   I would be lying if I said he looked bad.

"We should get going."  Kolton said.  I started to walk behind him, but turned and waved to Skye.  In return, she gave me a thumbs up. I turned back around and continued to walk.

"So, where are we going?" I said nudging Kolton's shoulder.

"Not saying.  It's a surprise." My mouth dropped open at this. A surprise! Really!?  I have a love-hate relationship with surprises.

Kolton put his finger under my chin and pushed it up. "Don't want to catch flies."

I sent him a glare, but then realized he lead me into the woods.  I stop in my tracks when I see what is in front of me.  There are fairy lights hung on the branches of a willow tree with a blanket laid out.  All in front of a lake. 

"Glad you like it.  I put a lot of effort into this.  But, I knew you would like it."  He said with a smirk.

"Welcome back Cocky Kolton.  And thank you for your effort to impress me."  I say with a smirk of my own.

"Have you always been sarcastic?"

"Yeah, I just didn't show it to much in the past."

I sit down on the blanket as Kolton just stares at me. I pat my hand on the spot next to me and he snaps out of his thoughts.

"So, I thought we should try to get to know each other."  He starts off.  I nod at him to continue. "What about 20 questions?"

"Why not."  I reply.

"Okay, I'll start off."  He stops to think of a question. "What are your hobbies?"

"Well, I like running, singing, and drawing." I answer while he nods. "What is your favorite animal, other than a wolf?"

"Hm...a tiger. Wait, could you shift into a tiger?" I look at him shocked. I blinked a few times and nod.

"Yes! I'll turn around so you can change."

"No, I don't have to take any clothes off.  I can shift with them on and they won't rip." His eyes grew wide and his mouth dropped.

"Uh uh.  Don't want to catch flies."  I push his chin up with a smile.

I step back and feel my bones pop as I shift into a tiger.  My eyes open and I shake my fur. Kolton walks over to me and rubs his hand over my head.  I chuff and rub my head on him.  He laughs and sits down.  I curl up and lay my head on his lap.

"This is the best day ever." He tells me while rubbing my head.  I notice the sky getting dark and see the moon start to rise.  I look closely at the moon and see that it is full.  I get up quickly and Kolton looks at me confused.  I nod towards the moon and he jumps up. 

"We need to get back to the pack house."  I nod and motion for him to get on my back since he doesn't have time to shift.  He gets on my and I sprint towards the pack house.  I stop at the edge of the woods and Kolton gets off.

I shift back and grab Kolton's hand, pulling him to the house.  Jake and Skye run out of the house towards me.

"Avery we need to go." Jake tells me.  I nod at him and see Kolton looking confused.

"Where are you going?"  He asks.

"You know how since it is a full moon and werewolves lose control to their wolves?"  I say and Kolton nods. "Well, the same happens to me, but without a wolf."

"So, your other self takes control?" I nod and look towards the moon and see it slowly rise.

"And I am getting locked up."  I look in his eyes and see worry.  I walk up to him and hug him.  I know, I shouldn't be hugging him because he might see this as me forgiving him.  But, he needs the comfort.

He wraps his arms around my waist and puts his face in the crook of my neck.  I pull back and kiss his cheek.  I turn around and run to the cells with Jake and Skye not far behind.

I go into the last cell sit while I get chained up.  It may seem like a lot, but this is probably the only way I can keep myself from hurting anyone. 

I smile at Skye and Jake.  They walk out of the cell and lock it.  They both give me one last look before they walk out.

After a couple of minutes, I feel a pressure in my head.  I feel my eyes change color and from there, I black out.

~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!!! So, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.  And I have a question. Should I do a Q & A?  If so, let me know.

And if I do a Q & A go ahead and ask any questions and I will update you guys with the answers.

And if today is your birthday, then HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! If your birthday is coming up or has passed, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

-Owl ^-^ <3