{Chapter 11} :

Just wanted to say that I am super sorry for not updating sooner.  I had planned on writing last Sunday, but I was really busy that day.  Again I am so sorry.

~~~~~~

Avery's POV:

Pain is something that everyone has gone through sometime in their life.    It doesn't matter if a person has a smile on their face.  That smile doesn't always reach their eyes.  I have been trapped in my mind by my own demons.  Even now I am suffering, but I try not to show it.  Not all scars show, not all wounds heal, and sometimes you can't see the pain that someone feels.

"Avery?" I snap out of my thoughts when I feel a tap on my shoulder and see Jake standing next to me.

"Oh, what is it Jake?"

"You feeling ok?  I've been calling your name for a little while."  He was calling me before?  How come I didn't notice this sooner?  I swear, I can start thinking of one thing and I get put into a trance. 

"Yeah I'm fine.  Just got stuck in my thoughts.  You would know how that is."  I tell him while smirking.

"That was one time!  I didn't think that would happen." Jake pouts and rubs the back of his neck.

"You were so caught up with your thoughts during training and got beat by a ten year old."  I say while laughing.

"He was strong though."  He shakes his head and runs a hand down his face. "But I came to remind you that we have to go training."

"Alright, let me change. Now out!" I chase him out of my room.

I put on an orange sports bra, gray leggings, and tennis shoes.

I walk out of the house and make my way towards the gym.  As soon as I get there, I see my pack sending glares at Kolton's pack.  I mentally applaud them.

I stand on a platform next to Jake as Kolton and Travis walk up.  I turn towards the crowd and whistle to get their attention.

"Since today is the first of our training together, I want to see what we need to work on.  Everyone pair up with someone from the opposite pack. And no complaining unless you want to deal with me."  I see everyone reluctantly pair up.  This is going to be fun.

One by one, I observe the pair as they fight.   We are going to need to work on quite a bit.  But, they aren't bad fighters.

"Everyone can take a break."  I inform them.

I start to stretch and hear a low growl behind me.  I turn to see Kolton watching me.  I smirk and walk up to him.  I place a hand on his chest and whisper in his ear, " You should get ready for training." 

I turn to walk away, but Kolton grabs my waist and pulls me to his chest.  He puts his head in the crook of my neck and sniffs.  I tense up at how close he is.  He pulls back a bit and looks at my tattoo.

"When did you get this?"  He asks while tracing it.  I feel a small shiver go down my spine.

"Not long after I dyed my hair."  I pull away from his arms to look at him.  I see him looking at some of my faint scars.  His eyes show regret. He opens his mouth to say something , but I stop him.

"And yes, these are scars from the abuse.  Don't worry about it.  I was told by Celeste that all warriors have scars and that I should embrace them instead of trying to hide them."

"I'm still sorry, if I could change the past I would.  But, I was wondering if tonight we could go out."  This caught me off guard.  Should I?  I bite my bottom lip and before I could stop myself, I nod.

His eyes light up and he smirks.  He leans towards me and says, " Great, see you at 7:00.  And you shouldn't bite your lip."  He kisses my forehead and walks back to the platform.

I follow him not long after to finish training for the day.  What did I get myself into?

~~~~~~

So, I updated!!!  But thank you guys for waiting. 

I also wanted to say that if anyone thinks that a certain song should be used please suggest it. 

And if your birthday had passed, Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! If your birthday is today or is coming up then Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

-Owl ^-^   <3