Chapter 1- Background

Chapter 1

Kalanie's POV

I can't believe I am going back after all these years. I wish I could have kept in contact with Jace. Unfortunately it was impossible for me. I'm sure he is going to be super pissed.

Jace...

Jace was my best friend when I used to live with the powerful Evergreen Pack. When I was seven my parents got killed in a car crash. Then I had to go live with my aunt and uncle who were a whole state away. When I got to my aunt and uncle's house, I wrote a letter to Jace, like I promised. When I asked my uncle if he could mail it, he slapped me across the face...

I thought maybe he had some money issues. I was seven so I really didn't have a clue about anything. I offered to pay for the postage. He then beat me up and ended up breaking my arm.

I just thought maybe he didn't like letters. (Yeah I know common sense kid!) So one day I asked if I could use the phone to call Jace. He then proceeded to beat me up until I had a black eye and sprained wrist.

One day when my uncle had to go to a 'meeting'. I decided I needed to make a move fast. My uncle was beating me up at least once or twice a week; I needed to mail my letter to Jace so I could get out of there quickly. When my aunt, who was supposed to be watching me, fell asleep I ran outside to go to the end of the block where the mailbox was to mail my letter. Little did I know my uncle was hiding, waiting for me to make my move. He then took me inside the house before I could mail the letter and ripped it up in front of my face. Unfortunately the worst part was yet to come. He pushed me down the stairs, breaking my leg and one rib in the process.

When he took me to the hospital, he warned me that if I told what really happened he would kill me. So when we got to the hospital he told the staff there that I was 'skipping down the stairs and fell' From then on I always knew my uncle was a bad man. He is, excuse me was, in the drug and arms buisness and was very dangerous.

Just last week he and my aunt were killed by hunters. So now I am finally going back home to the Evergreen Pack after ten years. ( I am now seventeen) I'm going to live with Jace, and I don't know how he's going to react to me after I have never wrote him and answered his letters. (My uncle ripped them up in my face.)

Well anyway my name is Kalanie Hope Jones, I have dark brown hair and unusually bright green eyes, and a slim figure due to my fast metabolism.

As the driver pulls up to Jace's house, I get very nervous... What if he hates me? The driver offers to carry my bags in but I refuse and say that I can carry them myself. I walk in the front door and I step into a beautiful sun room. I look over to the corner and there is a guy sitting in a loveseat with the most handsome blue eyes. Jace.

Damn! He looks hot as hell. Shit! Did I just say that about my best friend? I mean even if it was in my head, he is still my best friend. Initially He looks over at me sadly, but then the expression turns into something different....

Is that a look of.... Love?

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Jace's POV

Kalanie is coming soon. My best friend Kalanie. The one I haven't seen or heard from in ten years....

I'm not really mad that she never replied to my letters. I'm just mostly sad and confused. When I heard the news of her aunt and uncle getting killed, I automatically agreed she could come live with me. I sent for her immediately. Even if I'm sad I'm not heartless. Plus, I still consider her my best friend.

I hear a car pull up and soon the door opens with Kalanie holding her bags. Not that many bags I note. I mean don't girls have a lot of stuff?

I look at her with a sad look but then I get this gut feeling. I look at her face, with her beautiful emerald green eyes and smooth features.

The realization hits me...

Kalanie is my mate!

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Soooo....

How was it? :)

I hope it was good!

Anyway, I hope that you will fan me(btw I fan anybody who fans me no matter what) and vote!

It would really mean a lot!

So thanks in advance!

And thanks for reading!

Xoxoxo

heart2heart17!