Chapter 12: The Truth

• Dedicated to Mae Mae Pascual

G#18 - Hernandez P.O.V.

We walk through the forest, Patty by my side. We look at the map to see if the zone will become a danger zone. Patty looks at her watch.

"This is not a danger zone, so we'll be safe here," Patty said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive," she answered.

I put my bag down and sat on a tree. I sigh very deep. I really need to get some air. We had been walking for many hours now. She puts her bag down too. She sits on a log and digs up her bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Finding my food," she answered.

She takes out her bread and water. She prays before she eats. I look at her. How could she have so much faith in God? I mean, we're in a battle and she still doesn't forget God. That's really something. She catches me staring ate her.

"What?" she asked.

"Oh, nothing," I answered.

She looks at me cautiously. She goes to my side. She looks at me again. I'm starting to sweat.

"What questions had built in your mind?" she asked.

"How did you know?" I asked her, surprised.

"I can desern it," she answered.

"Desern?" I asked.

"Well, it's a bit deep to explain," she answered.

"Okay. I was just about to ask you, how could you have so much faith in God?" I said.

"Because, I know, deep within my heart, He will never leave me," she answered.

I nodded. I kinda envy her. She looks very calm even in the battle field. In the middle of the killing people, she's still calm. Maybe it's because of God. Maybe.

"Do you want some?" she asked me. She puts her bread in front of my face.

"No thanks, I'm not that hungry," I answered.

"C'mon, I know you want it," she said. She pokes my tummy.

"Hey, stop that," I said, laughing.

We spend most of the time tickling and laughing.

G#27 - Williams P.O.V.

I open my eyes. The noise is really disturbing. I didn't realized that I had fallen asleep. I scratch my head and saw Aynn's body. I am again shocked at what I saw. Her eyes are locked on me. It gives me a creepy feeling.

I picked up my bag and try to stand up. Looks like I can. It's hard to walk if you have a deep wound in your foot. I hear laughter nearby. I follow the sound.

"Stop it you," said the first voice.

"I don't wanna," answered the second voice.

Their laughter makes me a bit relaxed. I go a tree where the laughter is coming. I look at the two persons. The other girl stops laughing and taps the other girl. They look at me. I gasp.

"Rhynx?" asked Jhenica.

"Jhenica?" I asked her.

She comes running to me. She hugs me tightly and I hug her back. We haven't realized that we're already crying. I look at her companion and she's looking at us. I escape from our hug then approach her.

"Patty," I said.

She hugs me and I hug her back. She, too, is also crying. Two of my friends are here with me. I can't stop my tears from falling. Jhenica also hugs us.

"Group hug," she said and we hug each other. We take off from our hug.

"Sit down," Patty said.

I sit down on a log. Patty offers me food.

"No thanks," I answered.

She puts back the bread on her bag. She sits on my right side and Jhenica sits on my left side. I scratched my wounded foot and Jhenica follows my hand. She looks very surprised.

"What happened, girl?" she asked.

"I got shot by Aynn," I answered.

"What?" they said in unison.

"Well, I just saw Aynn and Anghela shooting each other," I said.

"Then?" Patty asked.

"Then after Aynn killed Anghela, she saw me. I tried to escape but she shot me at the foot," I answered.

"What happened to Aynn?" Jhenica asked.

I am stun at her question. Should I tell the truth? But, what if they turn their backs at me?

"Well?" Jhenica asked impatiently.

"Well, I..I...killed her," I answered.

Their face looks like their surprised. Their eyes are locked at me. I start to cry.

"Why?" Patty asked.

"I just want to protect myself," I answered.

"Besides Aynn, who else did you killed?" Jhenica asked.

"Janzen," I answered. She shakes her head.

"You're a killer. You're a killer!" she said then ran away.

"Wait! Jhenica!" I shouted. I cried.

Patty went to my side the comforts me. I hug her and she hugs me back. She hums a song. It makes me feel a bit better now.

"It's gonna be okay," she said.

"What makes you so sure?" I asked.

"Just give her time and I know, she will come back here," she said.

I nodded. She hugs me again and started to cry again. I hope that what she said will come true.

G#18 - Hernandez P.O.V.

I sit on a log and there I cried. I couldn't believe that she will do that. She killed not just one person, but two! She's a killer. A murderer. 

"How could...how could--" I said to myself then cries again.

As I cry, I heard footsteps nearby. It makes me nervous. I stand up and look where the sound came from. I look around and saw nothing. The sun is already setting. I should go back to them. I shouldn't think that way. She's my friend.

I hear again some footsteps. I hear a gunshot and it hit me at the back. I fell to the dirty ground. I cry and look at where it came from. There's another gunshot and it hits near my genital.

"Ahhh!" I screamed.

I hear again the footsteps. It's coming closer, closer.

"Rhynx! Sorry if I told you lately that you're a killer! I'm sorry!" I shouted.

The footsteps are coming closer.

"Sorry Rhynx! Sorry," I said then cry.

I see a pair of leather shoes. It's not Rhynx. He's wearing so much guns in his body. There are many blood stains in his uniform. I look up to his face. I can't believe it. He puts the gun in front of my face then shoots.

Girls #18 - Hernandez

DEAD   11 students remaining