Chapter 3: The Start of A Nightmare

• Dedicated to Katherine Jane Cabrera

B#6 - Cabo P.O.V.

We are all dressed up on our proper school uniform. We are all having a good time with our friends. Some of us taking pictures, scribbling on a piece of paper, laughing with their friends. This bonding time with our classmates to know each other more,well, it is really working. We also see our adviser having fun at the back. He is talking with our muses.

"Well, I hope that you will have a good time," Sir Laysa said.

"Of course, I know we will," said Grace.

"Yeah, sir, we will treat you like a king," said Clover.

"Are you two trying to seduce me?" sir asks.

"Why would we do that sir?" says Clover.

"We know that it is against the law," says Grace.

"I was just kidding," says sir and the three of them laugh.

"Hey, Jed! Do you have any plans for tomorrow?" Jhenica shouts from the back.

"No! Why?" I reply.

Jhenica and Angelica go to my side. Jhenica, as usual, wearing her wide smile. Looks like she has an Evil scheme. Angelica hides her face with her long hair. Jhenica shoulders Angelica in her right arm.

"What?" Angelica asks under her breath.

Jhenica smiles at me.

"She asked me if she can date you tomorrow?" Jhenica asks with a big smile.

"What! I didn't say anything! Jed, don't believe her!" Angelica refuses.

"Oh c'mon now! This is your time. I thought you really liked Jed?" Jhenica asks.

I hear Angelica gasped. She hides her face with her hands and walks away. Jhenica follows her after. This day is so much fun! Many revelations are happening. I rest my head and close my eyes for awhile. I imagine what will be the place where we will stay and what kind of activity we will have.

I put on my earphone and play Looking Up by Paramore. I'm half-asleep already. I can still hear the noises. I open my eyes and see Queenie staring at me. I almost stand up and scream.

"The f*ck!" I say, a bit surprised.

"What the hell is your problem?" she asks, annoyed.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask.

"Why? Is it prohibited to just look on your gorgeous face?" she asks with a little wave on the word 'gorgeous'.

"Yeah! Just only the likes of you!" I shout, I'm totally irritated.

I hear everyone who is listening in our conversation laugh. Queenie sit on her seat, she almost cry. Who the hell won't be irritated to her!?! She's probably the most 'feeler' in the whole school. She's the most ugliest student in the school but she always feels that she's very beautiful. I just close my eyes again and let unconsciousness overtakes me.

G#27 - Williams P.O.V.

It is already dark outside. The skyline of Cabanatuan City is such a beautiful scenery. I didn't appreciated that city before. I am sitting beside Queenie. I didn't have a choice. I just listened to the conversations of our classmates.

"This view is very spectacular!" exclaimed Jenny.

"But you are more spectacular," Kevin answered.

Man, it makes me sick. I know that I'm bitter and all, but still I have a crush on someone but I keep it to myself. I didn't love to listen to this kind of conversation but why do I always ended up listening to it? I tried to listen to other conversations in the bus. I heard Rhyzza talking to sir.

"Where are we going sir?" she asked.

"Well, it's a surprise," he said. I know that he smiled. I just know it.

"C'mon sir, please tell us," Rhyzza insisted.

"I don't want to spoil it," he answered.

It annoys me. The way our teacher talks, the way  he teaches us, and the way of his fashion. He doesn't have any sense of humor, too. Man, I miss my laptop and facebook. I should have been online by this time. Playing TubeHero and SimSimi.

I closed my eyes for a second. I heard Charles voice.

"Hey, why are there soldiers?" he asked.

Soldiers? What? I looked at the window and saw a jeep of soldiers. They are heavily armed like they're going into war. But why are we going in this way? I took my phone and tried to call my parents.

"Sorry, the contact person cannot be reached. Please try again later," said the operator.

"Damn," I muttered to myself.

The tension in the bus is getting higher. I looked back and saw everyone staring at the window. I saw Jed sleeping. How can he sleep in this time?

"Hey, sleepy head!" I shouted at him.

He slowly opened his eyes. I didn't realized it before, but wow, he's gorgeous. Okay, enough of that. He stretched his arms. He's still gorgeous.

"What? Are we there yet?" he asked.

"Well, no, not yet," I answered.

"Then why did you wake me up?" he asked.

"Please look out in the window," I answered.

He stood up and looked at the window. He creased his forehead looked at me.

"So what's the big deal?" he asked.

"Don't you find it mysterious?" I asked.

"No, why?" he said.

"There are soldiers heavily armed!" I answered.

"We're just passing them through. Don't worry," he said.

"I guess," I said.

"I'm going to sleep again," he said.

He sits down and closed his eyes. I guess he's right, don't think negative thoughts. I think this is the first time I talk to him. Is it really that long just to speak to him? I didn't talked to him this whole school year, just now. Why am I thinking all this? I tapped my cheeks and shook my head.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Queenie asked.

"It's none of your business," I answered.

She looked at me furiously and looked in the front. I saw that we're heading for a tunnel. I saw the faint orange light of the tunnel. The lights of the bus suddenly turned off. The noise suddenly stopped. I feel that I'm falling asleep. I tried to stand up but I can't fight this feeling. I didn't have a choice but to close my eyes.

45 students remaining