Chapter twelve

JUNGKOOK

"Jungkook."

My name, coming from his lips, somehow sounded even more beautiful.

"Everyone's gone," He said, coming to stand beside me in front of the ceiling to floor mirror. "What are you doing here?"

"Just practicing." I replied. He looked up at me.

"Why? You're good at it." He narrowed his eyes. "And you know it."

I laughed. "Doesn't hurt to be better."

He sighed.

"What are you waiting here for, anyway?" I asked.

"You." He replied. "I always wait for you."

I smiled. "I know."

He smiled back. "Come on, I'll practice with you." He said.

I replayed the song from our comeback, as he got into his position on the far side of the room.

I never really got used to him dancing.

He turned into another person entirely when he danced, oozing charisma and sex appeal. His body moved in tune with the music, his eyes trained on himself in the mirror. Each movement of his body was made with angelic precision, and I almost forgot my own choreo.

"You're right." He said with a chuckle. "You really do need practice."

"It's hard to get them right when you're looking so good." Slipped out of my lips.

He froze, and stared at me. Our eyes locked, and then, an angelic smile appeared on his face.

"Glad you think that." he said. "Now let's go."

***

I fixed my microphone again anxiously.

The make-up artist noona quickly dabbed a bit of balm on my lips as my eyes searched for my members.

They came around, fixing their own clothes before we go up on the stage.

Jin squeezed my shoulder. "Ready?"

"Yeah"

And then, we went up on stage.

The moment the crowds saw us, they went crazy, screaming our names, holding the posters higher for us to see. I caught one saying "Jungkook Marry Me" and I chuckled to myself. I was already taken.

Rapmonster began the intro.

"Hello Armies!"

They responded by screaming louder.

"We're grateful to be here, and I hope you'll have an amazing evening!"

This was followed by shouts of "We will!"

We took our positions as the music started.

***

It was mesmerizing: the people, mostly girls, singing along to our lyrics. The crowd screaming our names in the fanchants, furiously waving the Army Bombs.

J-hope was rapping a verse beautifully, and the rest of us interacted with the fans.

I caught Jimin winking at a fan, probably giving her a heart attack.

Jimin looked across, giving me a wink too.

I winked back. He smiled. There was a lot of hoots from the fans which told me that they'd seen the exchange.

I crossed to the center of the stage as my part in chorus came along.

Suddenly, I heard the music in the earpiece turn to static.

"Members." The voice of Bang PD nim spoke up. He sounded anxious. "There has been a security breach."

We halted wherever we were, and looked at each other, confirming what we were hearing. The crowd was confused.

"Namjoon, please tell the crowd. But first calm them down, okay?"

"Army." He began, the usual confidence in his voice wavering. "I'll have to ask you all to first of all calm down."

****

Hello guys. I just wanted to address the issue of the stupid, and scary, things going on in twitter. As you might be aware, our Jimin is getting death threats by people. In this chapter, I'm capturing what BTS would feel, if faced with such a situation.

And I'm hoping that, like me, All Of You would never let any member come to any harm.

I just want to say, please report the user. We don't need people like her walking around free who give threats to beautiful idols for no reason.