Chapter seven

JIMIN

OF COURSE, I GOT SCOLDED WHEN EVERYONE POINTED AT ME.

I didn't even try to say it was Kookie's idea.

But it was worth it. All of it. We were sure soaking wet, but it was a hot day, right? We needed the cooling.

Anyway, that was the argument I presented to our publicist and manager, who called this "immature".

Truth be told, I didn't care.

We had grabbed some towels, and were trying to dry ourselves, rubbing vigorously at our heads.

"You didn't do the wrong thing exactly." said Yoongi. "Just-Your method was wrong."

"I second that." Said Namjoon.

"I won't say sorry," I said, "We had a lot more fun that lying and sunbathing."

"Nobody's telling you to, hyung." Said Kookie, his eyes held a silent thankfulness. "We had fun, right?"

"Yes we did." Said everyone.

After lunch, we decided to film a Bangtan Bomb. We - meaning Jungkook, Tae and me - went to the pool, and described what happened a while earlier to the camera.

"Jimin here got scolded a lot." Tae said, ruffling my hair. "Deserved it."

"Aw V shut up," I commented, using his stage name."You did too."

"Oh guys how dare you film without me!" Said Hoseok Hyung, suddenly appearing behind Jungkook.

"We just did." Said Jungkook.

"ARMY saranghae-" said hoseok, making a heart with his body.

"OKAY so time to end the bomb!" Yelled Taehyung, shutting the camera.

"Hey!" Screamed Hoseok, locking Tae in a headlock.

***

After it became too dark to roam around outside, we finally retired to our room. Jungkook sat on the couch, scrolling through his phone, while Tae and I lay in the respective beds.

"Kookie-" I said, sitting up. "Take my bed. You need to rest. I'll sit in the couch."

"No, hyung." He said. "I'm good."

Subconsciously, I looked at Tae, who had dozed off.

"It's okay," I said, swinging my legs down the bed.

"No, I said." He said, suddenly assertive. He looked into my eyes then, and something passed between us through that look. Something potent and charged that sent my blood heating beneath my skin. "I-I'm good here." He stuttered,

Taehyung yawned loudly, breaking the moment. I was sort of grateful.

"I'm starving" he announced, getting up. He stretched, the bed creaking under his weight. "I'll go find something to eat."

He stood up, pulling on his slippers. He then gave us each a smirk, and as he exited the door, he said, "I'll try to save the shrimp. But I don't think I can."

"Why that-" I started to throw my pillow, but he'd already gone. I could hear his deep laugh down the corridor.

I fell back against the mattress, ready for my own nap.

"Hyung, I know you don't want to talk about it, but..." Jungkook said just as I was at the brink of sleep.

"What?"

"Um-I know you don't-"

"No I heard you." I said. "I asked about what?"

"Oh that." He said, putting his phone down. He looked down, and began fiddling with the hem of his T-shirt. "I-I was talking about s-sleeping together-"

I sat up, bolt upright, my eyes rounding up to saucers. "What, Kookie..."

"I-I mean on the same bed last night. Jesus." He blushed furiously, cheeks turning pink. "Damn this is hard."

I chuckled. His discomfort was so amusing. "It's okay. As I said before, it doesn't matter to me." I said. "You're welcome again, if you want for tonight."

He smiled when I did, but it was forced. He stood up, the smile vanishing.

"This is probably really wrong but..." He began.

"Yes?" I prompted when he didn't continue.

"I-I just felt, uneasy, about-"

"You didn't want to sleep in my bed?" I asked. I couldn't help a bit of hurt slip into my voice. "That's Okay, you can-"

"No, not about sleeping on your bed, Jimin!" Something about the way he said my name made me look up, up into his dark brown orbs. They were so raw, full of the same emotion that I felt for him, everyday. It made my heart sing with ecstasy. "It's sleeping on the bed. With you."

I decided to play dumb. "If it's me, then you should sleep in Taehyung's bed-"

"You have no idea do you?" He suddenly burst out.

Then, he stepped closer until our knees touched, heat spreading from that point of contact to the rest of my body. He knelt down, grabbed my face between both of his warm palms, and brought his lips down on mine.