The Flood

I stopped abruptly. Before me stood what looked like an ocean.

"No," I said to myself. "This can't be real. It's impossible!" But there it was. An ocean.

I saw a man with a boat. "Excuse me!" I shouted. "Could you give me a ride?" He smiled friendly at me. "Where to, little lady?" I rode with him for what seemed like hours. "Alright, let me off here. Thank you, sir." I handed him the two Lincolns that I never spent. "Oh, no I couldn't-" before he could argue I climbed out. The freezing water going almost up to my neck.

I squealed. When I looked back the man was gone. Vanished. I swam towards the house which, surprisingly, looked perfectly fine. No fire damage at all. I walked in soaking wet and barefoot. It was unlocked as usual. Water was still in the house. It went up to my knees.

"Miranda!" I shouted. Where is everyone?! Then I walked into her room and lost my breath. There was nothing in there. When I looked in, everything was blank. All I saw was whiteness. "What the hell?!" My heart thumped like a drum and I walked into the living room. I thought I saw someone laying on the couch.

"Miran-" I started, then I heard a scream. I debated whether to run to it or from it. Then I saw shadows in the hallway. I grabbed a kitchen knife and ran into the room, her father's room. I held it up and battle cried until I saw Miranda. She looked miserable.

I ran in and tried to hug her, but she hissed like a snake. "Miranda, what-"

"You shouldn't be here. A.K.A. Get Out." Her eyes glowed red.

When I didn't leave, Miranda started slowly walking towards me. Suddenly, her finger nails turned into claws and her teeth turn into a werewolf's. I backed up against the wall. "Miranda what are you-"

"Madison!" I looked. My dad swept me up and pulled me down the hall. "Dad! What's going on?!" He ignored the question and kept running down the hallway until he bumped into Miranda's dad. "You're not going anywhere." he hissed and stuck out the tongue of a snake.