Chapter 5

= Zymir =

"Nice of you to join us Mr. Hall." I roll my eyes at my math teacher as I walk up to show her my excused absence slip. She takes it and examines it longer than is necessary. When she hands it back, I walk back to my seat and nod towards Sav as I sit down. "Now class..." She starts teaching and I instantly zone out. I hate math. This is such a waste of my time. "Alright, clear your desks. All you need is a pencil. My brow furrows and I look over at Sav.

"We have a test today?" He instantly starts laughing.

"Man, I told you that yesterday while we were in the car." I roll my eyes. I completely forgot. He is about to pass, but me on the other hand... Oh well, this won't be anything new. I watch as the papers get passed out and try to rack the last few lessons we have learned in this class through my brain. Bits and pieces come to me, but I know it won't be enough.

The door opens and everyone's head pops up. "Sorry I'm late." I freeze. There she is. I watch as she hands her slip to Ms. Frasier and once she gets it back she turns and starts walking down the aisle. As she is walking, her eyes look up and look at me for just a second. That is when I realize I am staring and break my gaze from hers as I look back down at my test. I can not believe this.

As I stare at the foreign numbers and symbols in front of me, I envision her face on my test. What is she doing here? I can not believe she exists...

=

"You okay?" I break out of my daze and look over at Arion's questioning gaze.

"Yea. Why?"

"You have just been in deep thought since we got over here." It is after school and I am sitting with Arion until her mom gets here. I would drive her home, but she has somewhere to be. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing." I instantly feel the sting behind her punch. "Ow!"

"Stop lying to me." I sigh and shake my head. Might as well.

"Have you seen the new girl?"

"Yes. Why?" Her tone sounds irritated at me mentioning another girl.

"Well, I have this reoccurring dream with a girl and me standing in an unknown place. She is always giggling and laughing. It is almost like we are playing hide and seek or something, but she is always making me chase her like it is a game. Soon, she ends up leading me to this big forest with a bunch of foreign plants and fruits. She stands in the middle of a clearing  with a pale dress on..."

"What does the new girl have to do with that?" Arion interrupts me and, again, I knock myself out of my daze. The jealousy is all in her voice.

"She's the girl Arion."

"Impossible."

"It's true. I don't know what the dream means or anything."

"You two ever kiss in the dream?" I shake my head no. "You guys ever..." Her voice trails off, but I know what she is about to ask. I shake my head no again. Her voice lightens up after that. "Hm, well then that's weird. At least your not in love with her...right?" I can not help but smirk. I look over at her and she looks worried.

"No, of course not." She smiles at me and I shake my head and laugh. I can tell she is about to respond when a car horn honks behind us. We turn to see her mom waving at us. I wave back and feel Arion pull her legs out of my lap as she grabs her stuff. "AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" I scream as she walks off and she turns around looking at me like I'm crazy. When I poke my lips out at her she rolls her eyes and starts smiling as she comes back to give me a kiss. It's a thing I do with her. I told her every time she forgets to kiss me before she leaves me, it sends a searing pain to my soul and it causes me to scream. The only cure being her lips. I know, corny, but it is fun to embarrass her.