Chapter 1

= Zymir =

I wonder why God decided to make the grass green. How were numbers invented? How did so many things in the world get their names? God didn't name everything, but he made the people that did. If we are called straight, why are gay people not called curved? Why is the sky blue? I know people say it is because the color of the ocean reflects off into the sky or some shit like that, but I feel it is deeper than that. Who was the first rapper? How come being a teenager is so confusing? Did I remember to pack my cup for football practice today?

"MR. HALL!" I jump and turn to look at the now angry Ms. Frasier standing before the class.

"Ma'am?"

"Would you like to tell the class what seems to be so interesting that you must daydream about it in my class?" Anything but this subject. Right when I am about to answer her though, the bell rings. I just shrug my shoulders, pick up my bag, and walk out the class. Ugh, now that the worse subject of the day is over, time to go to lunch.

"Zymir, wait up man!" My best friend Savion runs to catch up with me.

"Hey, you seen Arion around?"

"Nah man."

"Heeeyyy Sav!" I watch as Rheana comes up and starts walking with us. "Hey Zymir."

"Sup."

"Sooo, got any plans this Saturday? My friend invited me to the movies and I need a date." Rheana holds a hopeful look in her eyes

"Sorry sweetheart, I am actually traveling to Chicago this weekend with my parents."

"Aw, bummer. Guess I will see you when you get back?" He gives her that smile he gives every girl that he talks to.

"Yea, of course." She walks away smiling and I just roll my eyes. Same thing almost everyday of the week with him. Girl after girl throw themselves at him. "Don't give me that look man. I can not help what happens to me." I just laugh and shake my head.

"When you gonna find you a girl and chill out with girl hopping?"

"When a special enough girl comes along. Besides, I'm seventeen. What the hell I need to settle down for?" I see his point I guess. "Listen man, every girl that throws themselves at me is the same. They see a cute guy and suddenly they want him on their arm everywhere they go. I need more than that man. Like what you and Arion got going, I think."

"Okay, look. Don't start man. I know we not just the perfect couple in the world, but all couples that love each other have their rough patches."

"Or, her ass is just crazy and you are ignoring that fact!" Whatever, he does not understand.

We make our way into the cafeteria and it is already crowded. We start walking towards the line, and two seconds later I am shoved out the way by a girl. She grabs Sav's arm and I realize her friend is on his other arm.

"Sav, we got you guys lunch if you want to sit with us.." Savion looks up at me and just shrugs. He allows them to lead him towards their table. I just shake my head and follow.

We take a seat in front of two trays. Ah, it's taco day. Our favorite day. We start eating and they just sit in front of us and watch.. His groupies are some weird ass females for real.

"So this doesn't creep you out at all?" I look over at Sav. He glances up then starts eating again.

"I never noticed it was happening."

"Woooow." This is some real movie type stuff.

"Ahem." Someone clears their throat behind me and I turn around to see Arion standing behind me with a stank look on her face and her hands are on her hips.

"Oh, hey babe. Want some lunch?" She just looks at me in disbelief, grunts, and walks out of the cafeteria. I shrug my shoulders and go back to eating. Babygirl is doing more than the most right now. I hear Sav laugh beside me.

"She is going to cut your ass."

"Nah, she need to chill out and I am going to let her do that. I don't even know why she is mad at me in the first place."

"Because she crazy and just has to have a reason to make you apologize to her." I shake my head and finish eating.

"Whatever man."

"Shit, I should've got me some water."

"Yea, I was just thinking that."

"Oh, I'll get it!" Like three of the girls in front of us hop up and run to the cooler in the line. They sprint back and slam two bottles on the table.. Shit, they must run track or something.. I glance over at Sav and he seems totally unfazed by everything. He is about as crazy as them.