Chapter 7 Letting it out

I don't know how long I was crying but I soon heard a knock on the door, and I was assuming it was either my mom or Dad (mr. Hunter)

but it turned out to be Riley and boy was I happy to see her.

I sat up and started talking "Riley I'm sorry, I just did what the teacher told us to do and I just thought of that, but I don't have feelings for him at all if that's what you're thinking."

Riley smiled "of course you don't like him, you gave him to me, and besides you said you liked Josh"
"yea but the painting"
"Maya that doesn't matter, I mean I kinda expected it we all did"
"but"
"it's ok Maya, we all know you stopped having feelings for him"
I nodded "thanks for understanding Riles."
She smiled "no problem"

the next day
"ok let's see what should I wear today?"
I tried to look for something fast, throwing clothes behind me, I was going to be late!

I stood up "wait.. since when do I care about being on time for school?"
I shrugged and went back looking.

Today I wore black combat boots with torn jeans and a Hollister sweatshirt.
I kept my hair it's curly messy self and went out the door.

When I got to school the halls were empty.
I walked over to History class.
"Hey Maya" Mathews said to me as I sat down.
"hey"
"ok class! Today we are going to be sharing our projects! who wants to go first?"

My head lifted up "Oh no" I thought.

"Maya I'm guessing you want to go first?"
"Do I have to share?"
"yes Maya if you wanna get a good grade"
I groaned and sat up.
I walked over and grabbed my project from him.
I look around everyone staring at me including my best friends.
Well this is the end of me
I took a deep breath and started reading

"Have I ever gave up something for someone to make them happy? Have I ever kept a secret from someone I loved? Well yea I have, I Kept the fact that I had feelings for someone. I kept it because I knew my best friend had feelings for the same guy. But then the campfire thing came. My friend said she didn't have feelings for him anymore. I did the same thing with Ski Lodge. I stepped back for her. I let him go, he wanted her not me so I stepped back. I pretended I didn't like Him anymore, I pretended I didn't have feelings for the guy and I still do. And it keeps me up all night crying because I love him so much and he wanted her
it's not the same as it used to be. Sometimes I wish I could just disappear."

I looked up to see everyone staring at me.
I looked up to see my best friend who looked like she was about to cry.
I looked up to see my 2 other best friends with stunned looks on their faces.
I looked up to see everyone else including Zay and Smakle with shocked looks on their faces.

My eyes started to water. It felt good to saying those stuff, it let my anger and sadness out.

I gave my project back to Mathews who had a disappointed face.
"you kept it in Maya that's not a good thing"
I ran out of the room crying.
I wanted to go home!
And that's exactly what I did.

Too be continued