Relocate

The doors opened into the dark room. Disruptor firing was exchanged knocking down a few Romulans killing them instantly with fetal blows to the chest. Light poured into the room that what was left of the rescue team walked into. The floor was dark gray with pools of green blood spreading. They were in a dark room with a stained chair in the middle that had binds on the arm rests. There was a Romulan officer with a shoulder injury pressed against the wall to the left hand side of the room. Richards had her hand bandaged up by a long yellow, soft fabric. There was a pool of light above the dark gray, barren and uncomfortable appealing chair. Xon scanned the stained part of the arm rests. There was fabric left behind on the chair that once belonged to a Romulan outfit sticking from the back rest crevices.

"Dried blood," Xon said. All eyes turned in the direction of the Romulan officer. "This is unusual."

"How so?" Spock asked.

"It is Romulan blood," Xon said. "Doctor McCoy is human. . . I do not see any reason why not."

"I swear!" Potax said, stepping back. "he is supposed to be there."

"Where would they take him?" Spock asked.

"Istak probably decided to do more with him," Bete said.

"That is logical with a incompetent commander," Xon said, earning a head turn from Spock. "I studied the stories regarding star fleet officers being captured by Romulans after your first encounter with them."

"Romulans?" Spock said, in disbelief. "Abducting Star Fleet officers?"

"Indeed," Xon said. "There are two types of Romulans: the reasonable and the unreasonable. Reasonable are very intelligent, yet cunning Romulans who get a deal strike and give the prisoners back intact . . . . at least partially."

Spock paused.

"Oh," Bete said. "he . ." Bete shared a look with Potax, of horror.

". . . I can't believe it," Potax said. "he genetically altered himself."

"No wonder he had pointy ears," Bete said.

"That is illogical," Spock said. "Doctor McCoy would never do that."

"He called himself Doctor T'Hinek," Fei said, with a cough, earning a turn from the rescue team in his general direction. "I don't suppose you told him what that means," Pavel and Harrik approached the slouched Romulan and together the two lifted him up to his feet. "Ah!" The back of his head met the wall as he shouted. His eyes winced. "You make terrible lifters."

"Shut up," Harrik said.

"You make a terrible aim," Pavel said.

Spock stepped forward.

"Where has the doctor been moved to?" Spock asked.

"Like I am telling you," Fei said.

Spock turned toward the two Romulan women then stepped aside.

"Fei," Potax said, coming forward. "Half of your friends are gone. Including your brother."

"It is a terrible way of ending this nonsense," Bete said. "because then they'll really turn into the Rapid Rescue Squad. And you'll be dead. No war," Bete stepped forward even closer toward Fei. "Just you by a dishonorable death."

"But a logical death," Spock added.

Fei gulped.