» Chapter 4

Hello guys! I know it has been a long time since I updated not only this story but almost all my stories. To be honest I had given up on writing and my life for the past few years was a roller coaster ride. 

It took me a long time but I decided that I should try to complete all the stories that I had left hanging. My previous laptop broke so all the chapters are re-written and I can't really remember the direction that I wanted this story to go when I first started but I plan to give it my best. 

I don't even know if anyone is still reading this but if you are, let me know. I'll try my best to keep updating. Hopefully, one step at a time I can complete all my incomplete books. :)

Disclaimer: I don't own the boys except for their story line in this book. 

*******************

❝Yeah, I hear you talking,

Don't know who you are trying to flatter,

Got my mind made up (I, I, I'm ready for ya)

I'm in control, but with you being a man

You don't seem to understand ( I, I, I'm ready for ya)❞

-R.I.P, Rita Ora

*******************

Running away. Something Zayn has been doing a lot in his life. He knew running away from his problems; literally and figuratively was not the best option. His older brother had told him since the moment they met in that abandon park.

"One day you will have to face your problems. you can't outrun them forever, Z", those were the words of wisdom the older had shared.

"Well, I can try", the younger had replied stubbornly his eyes lit with fire of determination earning a small smile from the older who pulled him into a hug. A hug that reminded Zayn of home and warmth that came with it.

That was years ago, when Zayn had lost it all. The years had made it easy for Zayn to bury the hurt and betrayal deep down. Ignoring the pain like it was a smudge of paint on a plain white canvas that he can't seem to throw away because he thinks he might be able to paint something above it. A masterpiece. Something so perfect that you will never see the imperfections underneath it. It was what he had been doing all these years, having countless flings with nameless men and woman trying to erase the single name that he could never forget – Harry.

But now coming face to face with the demons he had been running away from for the past four years in the past few days took a toll on him. He ran a hand through his dark locks messing up the perfectly styled quiff. His coffee colored iris took in the surroundings, he had no sense of direction or purpose when he had left the restaurant other than to be away from that four walls. He realized he was at the small park located across from the mall. Taking a seat on one of the benches that sat facing the small pond, Zayn took off his suit jacket and loosened the tie that was suffocating him.

He could feel his heartbeat thundering in his chest not just from running but also the crippling anxiety that had overtaken him. With a shaky hand Zayn grabbed his phone which was vibrating on the bench where he had thrown his jacket carelessly. He grabbed the device to see it was an incoming call from Niall. Not ready to talk yet, Zayn dragged his thumb across the red button on the screen. He opened the messaging app and quickly typed a message to his friend and brother, assuring that he was fine and in need of some alone time.