4|| i dont trust licorice lovers

[CHAPTER 4; I DON'T TRUST LICORICE LOVERS]

[QOTD;  FAVORITE CANDY?
GUYS I FREAKING LOVE TWIX BUT DONT EVEN START ME ON THE LEFT/RIGHT BULL ITS THE SAME]

haha  I need to rewatch season 1 cause I  honestly forgot everything that happened.

"This is stupid." Alex grumbled into the sleeves of her thin jacket.

Barry and Alex had decided to walk to the surprise destination, considering that neither had a car, but the both failed to realize how windy the city was. This had been a turn of events from this morning. It was cloudy this morning, but not as windy as the weather right now. Alex had brushed her hair out of her eyes approximately ten times and rubbed her sweater paws against her cheeks, trying to restore some warmth into her numb face.

"We should've just used your super speed." Alex muttered, bumping into the speedster's shoulder, trying to put in her two cents, and avoiding getting run down by a late business worker.

"There's too many people." Barry sighed, "Here."

Barry adjusted themselves along the crowded sidewalk and adjusted his body in front of Alex's, so that his broader body would block the wind out of Alex's direction.

"Is that better?" Barry turned his head to look at the petite girl.

Alex nodded and smiled, trying to show her appreciation for the speedster. But since she was Alex Russo, everyone knew she would never directly say thank you.

"Much better. Did the lightning bolt give you powers to be a human shield too?" She took a hold of the back of Barry's peacoat so she wouldn't lose him in the crowds.

Barry's laugh echoed throughout the air; vibrations of the chuckles shaking onto Alex's cheek, "No I don't think so."

"What a shame." Alex had a secret smile on, "So...Where are we going?"

  "I was thinking we could stop by CC Jitters, get some coffee before we head to my work." He pulled her along a crowded crosswalk.

"Weren't we just there?" Alex ran to keep up with Barry as they walked across a crosswalk.

The speedster shook his head and tilted his head back as he let out a chuckle.

"No." He shook his head, "Well - yeah that was my work, but this place is more of a hobby. I would say."

Alex raised an eyebrow, and even though Barry had no chance of seeing it, Alex was hoping her confused vibe was radiating off of her in a noticeable way.

"Oh?"

   "No time for questions." Barry ushered, "Let's get us some coffee."

Before Alex could react, Barry gripped her wrist and took a sharp right turn, shifting their position on the street. The duo soon approached a quite familiar coffee central. After all, Alex had been there less than a week ago.
The two shuffled their way through the crowded streets and into the comforting entrance of the coffee shop. The scent of coffee beans overwhelmed the air, voices bounced across the room, and people filed in and out of the room; what a typical coffee shop.