Ch. 5

Ch. 5

The wind, the tears, the hair, and mostly the knowledge of death. The blurry vision of the hellicarrier only got further and further away. I could almost hear Steve's voice, Tony's voice, even Thor's voice yelling toward me. I could hear everyone yelling my name, as if they all knew. But I could see that they didn't. Thor was gone, Steve and Tony were trying to fix engine three. How could they possibly know? I just wished that I would have gotten a proper goodbye, one where I didn't need to gain the trust of my friends only to knock it down. Phil didn't need to die for me, he didn't have even a tiny bit of a reason to die.

There is one of many regrets. It has been said that every person dies with at least one regret. Why would something like that be said? Why do I have these regrets? Why must I remember them while plummeting? Everything would have been so much simpler, everything might have turned out fine if... Loki didn't just have to come and ruin everything. There must have been a goal of some sort in his twisted mind. I guess I won't find out.

I closed my eyes. I couldn't watch anymore. I only wished that time would speed up again, so I wouldn't have an unconscious countdown in my head.

I could just picture the ground beneath...

"Sunny. Sunny please don't be dead." A voice shouted in my ear. "Please just come back to us."

I was scared at first, I couldn't move. My muscles wouldn't respond, but my nerves did. I could feel that I wasn't laying on the cold ground. Muscular arms wrapped around my body, almost as if trying to keep me safe. But I was supposed to be dead.

My chest lifted a bit higher, letting the oxygen flow through me once more. I cold feel the blood reach my finger tips and toes. It was like being reborn-ish.

"Sunny." The voice came to a point in realization.

"Thor." I whispered his name when I felt I had enough oxygen. My body shifted a bit, trying to feel more comfortable. Actually I didn't know why I was really moving. I think it was the fact that I was supposed to be dead that I just wanted to move away from.

"Sunny. You're alive." Thor said with so much surprise in his voice that it could have sounded like sarcasm.

"So I've heard." That was definitely sarcasm.

"You would never believe what happened."

"Let me guess." Then I coughed a bit. "I fell out of the sky and landed on the ground dead."

"Actually, you disappeared mid air and reappeared in the middle of this field."

My eyes flew wide open. The sun shined down upon me with full strength but it didn't alarm me one bit. "What?" I asked with all seriousness. Thor's grip on me loosened as I began to stand up. If what he was saying was true, I should have no injuries from the fall. "Am I just randomly teleporting now?"

"If you put in those terms, then yes."

"But how? I just see and hear, I can't just start teleporting because I see someplace close enough that I want to go their."

"Anything can happen. The world is always so strange. People can change in moments and become someone completely new. Loki is this example. But in your case I'll to to my simple explanation. You gained new powers."

I rolled my eyes. Like I couldn't make that deduction myself. I looked around me. We stood in a huge open field, with grass that stretched almost up to my waist.

Not too far away dirt was compacted up into a small hill. "Is that Mjolnir?" I asked Thor.

"Yes it is. Probably should go get it." He answered.