Ch. 4

Ch. 4

"Are you sure this is okay with Fury?" I asked cautiously toward Tony. I mean, I have never gone up against him, I've always wanted to get out of SHIELD, and now, it's almost like he's pulling me back in.

"Fury? Why would you need permission from Fury?" Tony asked with a weird expression on his face.

"Because he is the Director of SHIELD."

"But if you are hacking his system, you wouldn't tell him." Tony tried to be reasonable. I never thought it would be. A secret organization does have to keep its secrets. "Have you become Fury's pet or something?"

"No I have not. I just want to get out of SHIELD and if that means not going against Fury on any matter, then so be it."

"Fine, fine, how we doing Bruce?" Tony yelled to the other side of the room.

"Gotta program some cluster recognition." Bruce answered.

"Good. Then just send the program out and we will locate the cube." Tony walked back over to Bruce. They discussed a few more things while I just sat around thinking about my unusual life, as always. So much to go through anyway.

"Ow!" I heard Bruce yell. I looked over to find Tony intensely staring at Bruce.

"Hey." Another voice came by. In the doorway stood Steve. "Are you out of your mind?"

"Jury's out." Tony replied. I chuckled. The moment was funny.

Of course the bickering came next and I always hated bickering so I immediately left. Fighting was probably what I hated the most. While standing in the hallway, many of the agents kept glancing at me like I shouldn't be there. Sure they're right but that doesn't give them reason to be so rude.

"You busy?" Steve's voice asked right beside me.

I looked up into his blue eyes. "Not exactly."

"Come on then." He started to lead me through the halls.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"Gonna get some questions answered about two things. One will be your story."

"My story? Right now?"

"Why not?"

"Fair enough." I took a deep breath, thinking about where to begin. "Well I was born on Asgard, on a whole 'nother world in outer space. This place was thought to be purely Norse mythology but they were wrong..." And so I told him my story. I told him about my father, Thor, Loki, Frigga, and even Odin. I told him about the night I was kidnapped and how Howard found me. I told him of Peggy and her wonderful stories. The time I discovered my powers was major. Later about Marie and Tony and how I was forgotten and transferred to SHIELD by force. I told him of some of my missions and Natasha and Barton. The story ended with my explanation of my 'teleport' into the middle of the forest.

"Wow. And I thought my story was pretty unordinary." Those were the first words Steve said.

"You still have a pretty cool story." I replied.

"I still don't think anyone's story can be as joyful, tragic, and amazing as yours though." He said before he looked around and stopped at a door with sections numbers on it.

"So what was the second question you wanted answered?"

"I want to know what Phase 2 is." He replied as he opened the door with his strength. We quickly slipped in before anyone could see us. Steve quickly shut the door as I hid behind some cases. He joined me and we began our climb up to the second level. We were nearly caught by an agent who wasn't really paying attention to what he was guarding.