Ace of Clubs Ch. 7

Chapter 7

"Are you alright?" Castor ran over to me after I broke the vase I was holding in an attempt to make my room cleaner. It didn't work and only got water all over the floor which really made my day just a little bit worse. Luckily, it was evening and all I had to do was go to sleep for my next day to start but the nightmares that awaited me were stopping me from doing anything even mildly productive like sleeping. Looking up into his worried face, I reached out and hugged him. The vase fixed itself at my whim and I sat down on the floor with him in my grip.

"What happened?" He asked confused slowly putting his arms around me. I didn't say anything, I just sat there feeling the warmth of his body against mine and wished that I could stay like that for a while. My thought must have gotten to him because he sat down and let me hold on to him.

"I want to make you King," I told him for the hundredth time and as usual he didn't answer. Instead, he pulled me closer and planted a kiss on the top of my head.

"If you did that then there's a chance that I might be evil and only here to kill you and all of the cards for the sake of my people. I don't think you would hurt me if I did that," he replied after a few moments of silence. Resting my head on his shoulder, I reached down his back to where the tattoo rested. The faint pulse that radiated from it ran to my touch. I felt him shiver at the feeling of the tattoo pulling away from his skin but I didn't let it come off all the way.

"Did you know that if I pull off the tattoo I gave you, your heart would stop? It won't start up again," I informed him mildly waiting for him to give me some kind of response. He shifted slightly but only to press my hand deeper into his back.

"If you're going to kill me then do it. I serve no one else but you," He said but the words sounded wrong to my ears and I pulled away to stare at him.

He smiled evenly and put a hand under my chin. His fingers pulled my mouth to his and his lips met mine. As the kiss ended, I left my eyes closed and thought for a long moment about what I was going to do.

"I will make you king," I said without hesitation opening my eyes and stared at him without a hint of fear. A sad smile formed on his face and he shook his head at me.

"I can't let you do that. If you make me king then I won't be able to rule my own people. It's against our laws for us to be together. That includes yours too if you'll remember to ask Nil later," he pulled away from me standing up.

"What are you talking about? You aren't ruling both. I'm ruling the Cards and your ruling the ______," I said the word but I didn't know what it was. Confusion dawned on my features and I tried again to say the word that I was looking for. The same thing happened. My mouth could form the word but sound didn't come out.

"It's not for you to know right now. You'll learn it soon. There isn't a point in making something go faster than it should," he tutted shaking his head, a very unCastor thing to do. His face suddenly contorted and changed into the one person I hated the most in the world, Shelia.

"You really want to know don't you, honey? You're just dying to know. Don't worry, I'll gladly kill you," she laughed and pointed at my breast. Glancing down, I saw the knife sticking out and I reached up to get it out. It didn't work. The harder I pulled, the more it stuck. My hands were coated with my own blood and I wasn't able to grasp it any more.

"C'mon darling! It's not that hard! All you have to do is let him take over the cards! I'll let you find me and then we'll have our own personal dance. How's that? Just let Castor take over! It'll be fun! You can make him King and he'll kill you and then we'll all be happy! What'd you say? Sound good? I can't hear you!" She goaded me grinning like a wildcat.