P R O L O G U E

-

-

Once upon a time in the country of Tronos, stood a tall and proud castle in the keep of Galyra

And in this castle, ruled a king.

This king was ruthless, cold and some would even say he was heartless. He was feared, yes, but he was also greatly respected for he was fair to those who deserved it and spiteful to those who have done wrong.

Made from blood and pain itself, the beast was named Xerxes.

In his reign as king, the supernaturals have flourished in his time but many have also tried to usurp him and had failed, for no one can find any weakness within the powerful king.

Until a babe, not any older than a day, was delivered to the gates of his domain. Blessed by the light of Luna herself, the given Guardian informed him of the child bestowed upon him being his gift from the Mother. A child that would grow to be his confidant, his bride, his mate, his love and his queen.

"But heed caution, Beast King." The Guardian had said. "Enemies will come and take your prize. You will grow colder and much weaker when she is gone from your grasps and into another's. Unforgiving arms shall hold her and vengeful hands shall taint your little gift's innocence. The darkness that will surround her will not be of your own but of a much, much cruel force. It will slowly consume her and diminish the light from her heart and it will only show itself again when it is embraced by the shadow of your soul once more."

Xerxes did not put his time to waste after hearing of his love's destiny. The castle had quickly went into a lockdown. The windows were barred, doors were heavily guarded and the king had even gone as far as to use a warlock to create a barrier around his territory that everyone from far and wide was so sure that no one from the outside could ever go in to take their king's beloved young queen.

But none had ever thought that maybe, just maybe, the accomplice was already on the inside.

Green with envy of the love and affection that a simple babe was receiving from the harsh king, the traitor waited for the crown queen's fourth nameday before taking her away from the clutches of her protector in the dawn of night, and only for the betrayer to come back to console the distraught king of his loss.

The beast inside him grew mad, became merciless and killed without thought of who or what it may be. His kingdom still stood but his people were slowly growing weary of the supreme predator and of his intent.

Xerxes never stopped nor gave in to the temptation of hopelessness. The love from his heart too strong to let the abductor of his queen go without punishment, and he swears on the Luna herself, he will find his bride and be reunited with her.

And they will, but don't get me wrong, this is not a story of a lost man and his love; no, it is far from it.

This is a story of the beast king and his stolen queen.