The Gang

• Dedicated to Jorge Petitt

We were sat in our usual spot under the oak tree listening to Layla moan, again, about how much she loved Luke Foster.

"But I love him so much why can't he love me back?" again and again.

All we did was agree with 'uhhuhs' and 'totallys', we weren't really paying any attention what so ever anymore. We were actually waving at the hot guys who were staring at us through the classroom window where they had detention. Layla finally realised we weren't paying attention and sighed.

"What are you guys looking at?" She asked.

"That really hot guy over there that's totally checking me out!" I replied fluttering my eyes at the boys as they leaned back in their chairs.

"Typical Jade, he's checking me out and by the way I thought you had a boyfriend!" Olivia complained.

"Yeah I dumped him like yesterday!" I laughed.

"OMG Jade you go through guys like I go through shoes!" Robin exclaimed.

We had many people in our group mostly girls, but a few guys. There was Layla, Olivia, Robin, Scarlett, Molly, Sophie, Jamie, Kayne, Bryce, Matt, Rick, Eli and Aidan and of course ME Jade! Most of the boys had brown hair except Kayne and Aidan, they had blonde hair. Layla had red hair, Sophie had black, Jamie, Olivia and Robin had brown and Me, Scarlett and Molly had blonde. Weirdly enough we all had blue eyes!

"Hey look there come the guys!" said Scarlett casually.

"They took there sweet time!" moaned Molly.

"Where have you guys been?" Sophie asked as they approached.

"We were at soccer practice, we told you yesterday! Jeez don't you listen?" explained Kayne.

Kayne was a pretty hot dude and he had a major crush on Jamie, which only i knew about, but unfortunately for Kayne, Jamie was going out with Matt.

"Obviously not!" replied Scarlett.

Scarlett was my best friend, she was pretty but no-one was as pretty as me!

"I wasn't, I was in detention as usual!" said a deep voice from the back of the crowd, we didn't need to see him to know who it was! Bryce was always getting in trouble with his best friend Kayne.

"So how come you weren't in detention Kayne?" Jamie asked.

He blushed and said

"Uh well um er, I ditched it for soccer practice!"

"Typical!" I said laughing at him because i knew.

He sat down next to me and nudged me in the ribs.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed.

Kayne had really spiky hair. I felt it and asked him

"How much hair gel do you use Kayne?"

He replied with "A bit!"

But we all knew that wasn't true. It took him a whole hour to sort his hair out for soccer practice! Then at the corner of my eye i saw her.

"Oh god, guys Nora the nerd's coming!" I whispered.

Everyone groaned. Nora was the nerd who was so smart with glasses and freckles and always had a book in hand. She followed us pound thinking we were her friends and it was really annoying.

"HI GUYS!" Nora shouted approaching.

"Hiiiiiiiiii" We all trailed moaningly.

"Did you know there's more bacteria under one's fingernail than there is on a toilet seat?" She asked.

"No we didn't and we didn't want to!" Shouted Bryce.

"Well see you guys I've got books to read!" she said running towards the library.

"GOD she's annoying!" Bryce exclaimed.

"Hey guys, guess what? My parents have gone away so that means?" asked Kayne

"PARTY TIME" We all shouted at the same time.

"So be there at 6?" He asked.

"Yup we'll be there" I said.

Then the bell went.